Wrecktemflinger tweaking.

Started by william, May 30, 2004, 02:12:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

william

So all this talk about Jfet emulation of Tubes got me looking back into my attempt at adapting a Mesa Boogie Dual rectifier.  (http://209.240.71.22/circuit/wrecktumflinger/wrecktemflinger_sch_v3.gif)Ansils inital design works well, but when I built it, I just get a choked thin sound.  This happens right after Q3 which has the 39K resistor.  before that point, the distortion builds up nicely,and with some eq tweakin could be usfull.  But the tone I'm going for is a litte beyond what two Jfets are giving me.  After the 39K resistor everything goes to hell.  I will post sound samples after this weekend.  I am not using J201's but rather NTE312's.  Is the 39K resistor causing something funny to happen.  I believe its there to prevent the gain from going too far into noise.  The Design I am testing with assumes all switches are closed.  Also, I am testing minus a tone stack.  Thanks for the look.

william

Opps, R7, sw3 and C19 have been removed from the design.

william

The problem still persists.  Right after the Jfet with the 39k resistor the sound turns to ass.  How would raising the value of the resisitor affect the circuit?

Jered

Try a 3.9k instead of the 39k
Jered