small quality pcb mount pots???? anyone know some good ones?

Started by Brian Marshall, June 26, 2004, 04:42:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Marshall

I have a project i am workig on that will be just too hard to build (and too big as well) to build with solder lug pots.

something in 12mm or less would be good.

also if anyone knows of some good knobs for small pots as well let me know.

travissk

AllElectronics has a few here : AllElectronics->Potentiometers. I can't vouch for quality, but I've heard of a few people ordering them.

puretube

rumour has it, that Danelectro uses hiquality PCB mount mini-trimpots, that are turned by stick-thru-the-chassis plastic hiprecision-shafts with integrated knobs.... :?:

The Tone God

Quote from: puretuberumour has it, that Danelectro uses hiquality PCB mount mini-trimpots, that are turned by stick-thru-the-chassis plastic hiprecision-shafts with integrated knobs.... :?:

Yes their pots are trim pots with a philips screw mold. The knobs are made with a molded philips screw tip that fit into the trim pot hole. They are then gluded into the trim pot.

There are PCB mounted pots but getting what values and tapers you may need could be tough. Suppliers usually only stock certain popular trim pot values. Many values used by DIYers are not popular enough to stock.

Have you considered all the issues of using PCB mounted pots ? For a one off project I don't think they are worth using.

Andrew

Dan N

Mouser has lovely 9mm pots. Only a few values.

311-1902-VALUE

Yuan Han

when I was browsing through Farnell's website sometime ago for potentiomters, I saved a .pdf file as "pluggable trimmer". Its by Meggitt Electronics, Type 51 series.

Han