Zvex style labelling?

Started by bobbletrox, September 11, 2004, 07:40:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

erix

Testors - I thought that's what Jason used!

I did the same thing with my EasyFace:

Etch the aluminum with a special cleaner
Spray with a catalized automotive paint (Sikkens - used by Mercedes-Benz!)
Hand Paint the letters using Testors and 000 and 0000 size brushes
Clear coat over the letters.

I used a metallic paint which is normally sprayed in two parts - first the metallic+color and then the clear over it. I put the lettering between the clear and the color.

For the letters, I drew up the artwork in Illustrator, printed it, taped it to the box top and cut through the paper with a fresh Xacto knife. Then I followed the thin cuts in the paint. I'm not worried about the paint peeling 'cause it's covered with clear.

mlabbee

Wow - that looks great!  Where can you find that kind of paint?  Is there a particular brand to look for?  Does it come in a spray can or do you need to have a spray gun?

zachary vex

Quote from: cd
Quote from: zachary vexthe old process, before jason switched to the automotive 2-part paints using a compressor, was enamel spraypaints and 1-part epoxy clearcoat.  the new paint is a heck of a lot harder and much more thick and shiny.

When was the switch made?  My SHO is from '01.

i don't remember the exact date but it was within the last couple of years, after 2001.

bobbletrox

Quote from: erixI did the same thing with my EasyFace:

:shock: That's exactly what I'm aiming for!  That's a fantastic looking fuzz box.