News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

I quit

Started by Zero the hero, January 02, 2005, 09:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero the hero

...at least for a while.
I think I'll take a long break before taking the solder back in my hand.
I need to disconnect from electonics and stompbox building.
See you later.
Alex.

freebird1127

Good luck, and Take Care!
Come back soon.
Evan Haklar
What's the difference between incompetence and indifference?  I don't know and I don't care!

jrc4558

Good luck man! Hope you'll be back.

Peter Snowberg

Best of luck to you!

I hope to see you back here again in the future.

Buona fortuna!

A presto! :D
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

jimbob

Good luck. But youll be back sooner than u think. I did the same thing.. That empty feeling will creep in soon enough. Till then, take care.
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

Paul Marossy

I am intentionally cutting back on building stuff so I can focus more on becoming a better player. After a couple of months, I can already tell a difference in my playing. Sure, I still build something once in a while, but I have been going non-stop for about 2-years now, so I am almost at a place of burn-out, but I don't want to actually get there. It is cool to be able to do things like rewiring a buzzing bass (like I did tonight) due to shoddy workmanship (very poor soldering). Of course, the poor soldering was on the ground wires. At least now I can use this thing for recording and not have that annoying buzz anymore. Why didn't I do this sooner?!

Anyhow, I wish you the best, whatever your reasons.  :)

Regan

I pretty much did that too, I totally lost focus on my playing. Lately I have been playing quite a bit but want to build some stuff. I'm going to try to find time to do projects but not spend as much time thinking and rethinking different ideas. Good luck.
Regan

Phorhas

You'll be back... soon you'll miss the stench of melting solder...

:)

Take care man.
Electron Pusher

MartyMart

Sorry to see you go......
I've got a lot of work coming up, so will be cutting back too for a while.
I've got the HMP to finish and some "debugging" to do on a couple of builds, feels like i'm "DIY" obsessed at the moment !
Best of luck and keep playing !

Marty.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

gez

I stay!  I live and breath electronics now, it's more addictive than heroin.

Good luck with the cold turkey (you're a stronger man than I)!  :)
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

Marcos - Munky

Well, good luck, and hope you come back soon.

sir_modulus

It's always nice to take a break.

Also as a plus: When you go to some small shop like radioshack, you don't have to run to the back to see what they have in their minimilistic stock.... and you'll actually have money... :D (when you look at it, this hobby is a bit of a drain on the budget.....)

Peace, and good luck with future endevours!

Nish

GreenEye

I should quit but I can't seem to.

RDV

I never quit, I just ebb & flow, like the tide.

RDV

Gilles C

Very easy for me to understand that you need a break.

I had to do the same a few years ago, because I was building more than I was playing.

The bad side of  stopping was that I never came back to the pace I had before I stopped.

The good side is that by playing more again, I found out I was tired of the same sound I was always using or searching for my guitar, and I began to look for a new sound for my effects.

See you soon, when you're ready.

Gilles

puretube

hopefully, you don`t have serious problems behind that step...

CIAO!

runmikeyrun

ha!  I need a second pedalboard, or one of those boutique ones that's the size of a coffin... i've got too much stuff!
Bassist for Foul Spirits
Head tinkerer at Torch Effects
Instagram: @torcheffects

Dislikes: old women

gtrmac

Yeah I can understand it. I took a break for the last 6 months or so, mostly because I finally got a band going and a steady gig. But my pedalboard was overflowing by that point anyway and I had already sold a few pedals to some buds and even given some away as birthday presents.

I'm just beginning to get the hankering for something new again. I've been working on a PCB for Albert Kreuzer's JFET Bass Preamp.

Ge_Whiz

Yeah, I keep thinking that I should concentrate on improving my playing, but Tim E. and ROG won't let me, damn them!   :D