MN3011's found, expensive - how many interested?

Started by DiyFreaque, March 18, 2005, 03:09:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiyFreaque

Hi,

I found a place with MN3011's in stock - they're $45 apiece  :shock:

I don't know what a minimum order would be for - I need a feel as to how many would be willing to spend that kind of cabbage for an obsolete chip before I try my wife's patience....

If interested just post to this thread.

Cheers,
Scott

DiyFreaque

Forgot to mention - I'm not looking to make a profit here, this is the amount I was quoted for.  If anyone would like to check out the quote, PM me and I'll forward it to you.

Just looking to unlock those MN3011's from their dusty tubes and get them into some cool projects.....(mine included).

Cheers,
Scott

StephenGiles

"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

DiyFreaque

:D You must think like I do, Stephen - that's exactly what I put in for my target price (with a target quantity of 25) - the terse reply I got was:

"These are stock at $45.00 each."

I could pull a Homer and bid "OK, $15 then"  :D

Peter Snowberg

For $45 you could build a DSP emulation of a 3011.... complete with 24 bit A/D & D/A, as well as multiple digital filters to get it to sound more like a BBD. ;)
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

StephenGiles

An electonics store in London have SAD 1024 for £50 each in their catalog - in fact I don't think they have any at all. I offered to sell them some and they put the phone down on me!!
Stephen
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

object88

Quote from: Peter SnowbergFor $45 you could build a DSP emulation of ...

Maybe you could, but not I!  (Nor could I shell out $45 for a 3011, but that's entirely different...)  :)

DiyFreaque

Nor could I build a DSP emulation of it.

But, $45 would be a good down payment for the education to do so.....

$45 would be a bit much for me as well, except that I've got two - a third would act as a spare.   Judging by the price of one at Dial, it's not too bad, but it really is too much to pay for a chip.  And what if the chip you got was DOA?  

It was a thought, not necessarily a good one, but a thought just the same to test the waters.  I'm going to let it drop here and try some of Ton's ideas.  If anybody with a Warren Buffet style expense account wants a stash of MN3011's, I'll forward the information to him/her, but I think I'll just forget this idea meself.  

Having said that, if anyone runs across anything better, I'm there, baby  :D

It's the weekend, time to interconnect the second set of Dim C boards that house BBD's that don't require a bank loan....

Cheers,
Scott

Dirk_Hendrik

I was doing a project based on an 3011 some 10 years ago. At that time this chip cost about the same. I doubt you'll find them cheaper as I expect not many were sold.
More stuff, less fear, less  hassle and less censoring? How 'bout it??. To discuss what YOU want to discuss instead of what others decide for you. It's possible...

But not at diystompboxes.com...... regrettably

Dirk_Hendrik

I know. I saw that topic last sunday already. Quite amazed actually by that price.
More stuff, less fear, less  hassle and less censoring? How 'bout it??. To discuss what YOU want to discuss instead of what others decide for you. It's possible...

But not at diystompboxes.com...... regrettably