Brown Sound In A Box Snafu

Started by LP Hovercraft, September 04, 2003, 03:07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LP Hovercraft

Cool Pedal!  It gives off that Stormtroopers of Death/Scott Ian tone.  Have any of you built one, and what kind of switch did you use?  Mine is squealing when I add the switch no matter how much shielding/careful wiring I try.  I use a cannibalized DPDT footswitch off of a general purpose round Roland switcher.   :cry:

Ed G.

Glad you like it!
Since the circuit is high gain and the output signal is in phase with the input signal, it is prone to oscillations, that's for sure.
Doug Hammond has remarked before that he had found the source of oscillations in a certain circuit to be the switch, that is where the input and output signals run very close to each other. I would use a 3pdt switch, use the center lugs for the led indicator, and the outer lugs for the switching. That would keep the input and output signals a bit further apart.

william

My understanding of electronics is still growing but if the problem is that the output is in phase with the input, wouldn't an inverting op-amp at unity gain help resolve the problem as well? A 50 cent tl071 would be easier to find for most people than a 3pdt stomp switch.  If I'm wrong let me know kindly, like I said, my understanding is still growing.

William

aron

William, that may work.

Another thing is to try a 3PDT and use the outermost lugs.