News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lars-musik

To resize the images (or rather the display size) you can expand the image-tag by a width or height information.

You don't have to worry about the actual image size. I usually use 600 px width.

Like this (replace the brackets by square ones):

(img width=600)http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-22fgf4X2OEg/VgxIWBwVpzI/AAAAAAAAATI/zRifVhPSPn4/s1600/IMG-20150930-WA0006%2B%25281%2529.jpg(/img)

Result:

To view how others format their posts, you can press the "quote" button above the post and you see all the tags and formats.

Very nice can you build there!

bluebunny

You do know that Duck will complain about this advice, given his (out)back-of-beyond location and pitifully less-than-pedestrian dial-up wallaby-gut telegraph connection...   :icon_biggrin:

It's OK for us lucky folks who can download a whole season of Neighbours in the blink of a wombat.   :icon_wink:
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Gargaman

Thanks BB, Lars

this one is Guerrilha Boost (LPB-1)
with sharpie, no spray

"My profile pic was stolen!"

Strategy

Ages since I posted my builds. Our first year in the new house I didn't do much DIY, as the garage-to-studio conversion is very slow, didn't have much room to work... So I started doing my soldering and assembly in the kitchen, outdoors on the patio, etc.

STRING RINGER (took me like 6 years of incremental work) would not have been possible without the help of Digi2t and others...

SCOTCH BONNET - V.1 of Garcho's remix of Tim Escobedo's "Bronx Cheer"

DOOMBUTTER - Madbean's "Clarinot" with fuzz lift. Weird enclosure layout is because it was built by salvaging crappy pedals or abandoned projects.

And for scale...
-----------------------------------------------------
www.strategymusic.com
www.community-library.net
https://soundcloud.com/strategydickow
https://twitter.com/STRATEGY_PaulD

Sirppi

Rangemaster + Fuzz Face with blend featuring my first waterslide decal:

Echo Base with "everything":

mth5044

Quote from: Strategy on October 19, 2015, 10:49:17 PM
And for scale...

Congrats on finishing up that string ringer! What size box is that?

alexanderbrevig

I wrote a script (python3) that downloads all images from this thread. Is anyone interested?
I could probably upload a zip of it (not sure how large it'll be yet, it's downloading)

Sirppi

Quote from: alexanderbrevig on October 20, 2015, 06:00:08 AM
I wrote a script (python3) that downloads all images from this thread. Is anyone interested?
I could probably upload a zip of it (not sure how large it'll be yet, it's downloading)

I am!

alexanderbrevig

So here it is hardcoded for this thread.
I'm working on it a bit more on the SimpleSMFImageDownloader github repository for use on other threads as well :)

BTW, I'm at page 292 (22.4%) and I've downloaded 1836 images!  :o
PS: This is not pythonic or good code. My first Python 3 project, and I'm not a python user to begin with :p

~arph

Cool, I'm running it now.. You need to do something about the broken images though. Lots of files that contain HTML error pages instead of images.
EDIT: I see you have a file size limit. Perhaps you should also check if the files do not start with <html>

EDIT2:  if you install python-magic (and libmagic)
And add this:

f = magic.Magic(mime=True)
         mime = f.from_file(file)
         if mime == b'text/html':
             os.remove(file)

where you check on file size. You are fine.

duck_arse

Quote from: bluebunny on October 19, 2015, 04:11:43 PM
that Duck will complain

that duck always complains, but I ain't sayin' nuthin!

alexanderbrevig - that will be a lot of data to download. probably more than the australian wire could handle. what will your script do with the later botophukket and tinypic code messups?

Guerrilha Music - we really want to see what's inside, too.
don't make me draw another line.

alexanderbrevig

~arph I don't get HTML where I'm at (windows 8.1 with python 3.6) but I'll add something to guard against that (thought the fact that I only download src attrs from img would be safe enough for this small project.

duck_arse I did not really intend that we all go and download this. I'll upload it tomorrow if someone wants it :)   This whole thing was just a way for me to have a look at all the amazing pedals and to brush up on python.

Gargaman

That's the layout I use for wiring:

Jacks and pots on, waiting for the board:

DPTD soldered onboard:

After wiring up the inside looks like this:

"My profile pic was stolen!"

~arph

Quote from: alexanderbrevig on October 20, 2015, 02:34:47 PM
~arph I don't get HTML where I'm at (windows 8.1 with python 3.6) but I'll add something to guard against that (thought the fact that I only download src attrs from img would be safe enough for this small project.

Strange, a lot of the images i downloaded were actually 404 pages

Sammylee74

Hi, my first post on here. Have visited this forum regularly over the last few months and I'm blown away by the amazing pedals people build. A couple of months ago I decided that I wanted more delay and reverb on my board. I've also wanted to move to a completely diy board (with the exception of a looper) for a while.  What came of this where my first two multi pedals - the Ambient Space Stations. Build 1 has a Madbean dirtbaby,  1776 Multiplex Echo and Fuzzdog's echo blue delay.  Build two has a Madbean  Moodring,  deep blue delay on vero, a little angel chorus from Kyle Daley on the diy stompboxes Facebook group and Fuzzdog's Spectre Verb.  Great modulated delays and reverbs that sound awesome stacked together. These two just make me want to pick up the guitar as possible. Realised after the fact that I got the labels slightly wrong on the multiplex switch, but it's only for my use.

playsforfun

My version of the Ultimate Dirt Box:

bluebunny

Quote from: playsforfun on October 21, 2015, 05:45:23 AM
My version of the Ultimate Dirt Box:

That is very cool indeed.   :icon_cool:
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

deadastronaut

ok all done..

heres a  rack preamp and integrated 1 watt amp i designed and built (with help from samhay)
active EQ, FX send/return, preamp+DI out, and speaker out, drives a 12'' speaker nicely. its been a long project, but i finally finished it. pheww...

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

~arph

deadastronaut

yeah i know, too late i closed it up...its a diy toner pcb, i'll put the project up ok.. ;)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//