News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Perrow

Quote from: ElectricDruid on January 24, 2017, 02:30:59 PM
Where do you get those nice big chrome washers for the momentary stompswitches? I've been looking for something like that for ages!

The question to ask is where to get the big monetary switches for our stompboxes?  :icon_mrgreen:
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

Hatredman

Quote from: jimilee on December 21, 2016, 09:40:14 PM
I thought this was pretty funny, I just finally her it today, it's a pennyroyal chorus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Os that Boba Fett or a Cylon?

here be .sig

Kirk Hammet invented the Burst Box.

jimilee

Quote from: Hatredman on February 03, 2017, 10:17:03 PM
Quote from: jimilee on December 21, 2016, 09:40:14 PM
I thought this was pretty funny, I just finally her it today, it's a pennyroyal chorus.

Os that Boba Fett or a Cylon?

here be .sig
Clone trooper

Kipper4

Trikbox Grunge Drive

A varaition of the Shaka V. Credit to all the designers.

Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/

bluebunny

Nice one, Rich.  Someone buy you some felt-tips for Christmas?   :icon_biggrin:
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Kipper4

Haha looks like I bought the sharpie collection for Christmas.

It's a transparent vinyl label done in Corel draw. No pen sniffing involved.
I nicked the skull template off the net and adapted it.

Grey Paper.

duck_arse

my EYES - the colours - my mind .... nice one rich.
don't make me draw another line.

Kipper4

Thanks mate.
Youse eyes is hurting cause of all that sun your gettin right now.
It'll soon be time we got some sun back on this side of the world.
I'm getting SAD.

And morose by the looks of the skull graphics. I'm just trying to make em a bit more rock and roll.
Next up a biker sugar skull......

Grey Paper.

garcho

Kipper, bravo! Nice work, me gusta mucho
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

lars-musik

This is some really nice artwork, Rich!

I got something new, too.

This is a special built for a guy who wanted a Green Carrot Infatuator Fuzz that isn't available anymore. It is a double pedal comprising a Lovetone Big Cheese and an IC Muff. I layed both circuits for single use (Big Cheese wasn't for a 1590b and the Big Muff for a 1590a). Board mounted pots, but as usual I mirrored something so I had to wire one of the Muff's pots.

All in all this was a real PITA because the guy I built it for has a shallow case for is pedals so my intended 1550WC had to be replaced by a standard 1590BB. I wanted the two circuits to be internally connected by switched jacks so that they can be used independently, too – with four jacks everything became very tight very quickly inside the enclosure. That meant some desoldering and placing parts on the other side.....

Of course, when everything was finally in there one pot stopped working. I pressed the knob too tightly on there (I guess the knob was for 6mm instead of 6.3mm shafts....). So I had to disassemble the whole mess again change the pot and so forth. But now it's done and I think it's a very fine pedal.

Kipper4

Super nice Lars. Very sweet worn retro looking.
Can I see a see through plastic washer on the switch.

Grey Paper.

lars-musik

Quote from: Kipper4 on February 08, 2017, 04:28:09 AM
Can I see a see through plastic washer on the switch.

No, it just a scratch mark from the wrench combined with a too flimsy etch.... Worn retro hits it on the head.

Kipper4

Grey Paper.

bluebunny

"Worn retro"...  Must remember that.  "Patina" is a useful word too, along with "distressed".  ;)
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

lars-musik

In Germany, Hipsters used to buy things in "shabby chique". That's what it REALLY is.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505G mit Tapatalk

Kingmafw

Here are some builds from me.

TimScreamer - AION Stratus project:

Dr.Boogie distortion - UK-Electronic project:

Refurbishing a Yerasov Scorpion RS-1 distortion:

Passive Y-box - customer project:

TubeScreamer 808 - customer project:
it is mei sizzen net to dwaen

Johannes Harald Kingma - FWS Pedals - Germany

cloudscapes

Quote from: Galego on January 24, 2017, 02:33:25 PM
You make the coolest looking pedals out of everyone here IMHO.

Why do you still use through hole resistors? You are obviously ok with smd, with such small pitch packages, why not do everything in smd?

Thanks, I am very susceptible to flattery ;)

I'm ok with SMD chips. They sit pretty stable on the board as I solder them because of their form factor. SMD resistors/caps on the other hand get flipped and knocked around too easily by my clumsy fingers. What's nice about through hole is that I can populate them fairly easily while distracting myself with something else, a movie or whatever.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

runmikeyrun

Re-housed my PT2399 delay (with tempo indicator LED) into this.  The signs came out lumpy; I had to paint white enamel in those spots before final decal application.  Otherwise came out pretty good, including the barrel shaped knobs lol.  The tempo LED is the yellow one, which makes the flashing light on the barrel.  I'm kinda weird and put little details into pedals.

Ham fisting my way through one build to the next since 2003.
Bassist for Foul Spirits
Head tinkerer at Torch Effects
Instagram: @torcheffects

Dislikes: old women

Galego

Quote from: cloudscapes on February 10, 2017, 03:14:32 PM
Quote from: Galego on January 24, 2017, 02:33:25 PM
You make the coolest looking pedals out of everyone here IMHO.

Why do you still use through hole resistors? You are obviously ok with smd, with such small pitch packages, why not do everything in smd?

Thanks, I am very susceptible to flattery ;)

I'm ok with SMD chips. They sit pretty stable on the board as I solder them because of their form factor. SMD resistors/caps on the other hand get flipped and knocked around too easily by my clumsy fingers. What's nice about through hole is that I can populate them fairly easily while distracting myself with something else, a movie or whatever.

Ok if you like flattery, here it goes: Not only do your pedals look awesome, but you also inspired me to go back to exploring ADC/DAC with PICs. I had tried once but didn't have a lot of time and left it for later. This time, after having a look into your anti-nautilus schematic, I went back, and after a day of fiddling around with it, I managed to get audio in and out of a pic. Although it's a slower chip than the one you used, a PIC18F4685, with quite a low sample rate, it's enough for a proof of concept. This opens up the door for making at least simple effects such as delays or pitch-shifters, so thanks!!!

Mgt280y

My latest complete project new overdrive
First one with laser engravable plastics