News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Red

Hey Skeezix, what switchbox is that, could you direct me towards a schematic?
nice fuzz face as well

kusi

Quote from: Skeezix on October 25, 2005, 12:53:50 PM

hi,

how did you made the white labels on the black enclouser? that looks VERY great!!

thank,
khe

gez

Skeezix, that is some beautiful work!!
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

soggybag

Great work Skeezix, how did you cut the hole for the DC jack? It looks like you used one of those PCB mopunted jacks that are round on one side and flat on the other.

Eric H

I had my daughters draw designs (with nail-lacquer) on these two, before etching. The first is a green ringer, the second an A/B or true-bypass box.

" I've had it with cheap cables..."
--DougH

-mick-

Elektrojänis

My latest build is a Fuzzface with silicon transistors and piggybacking and input cap blend control. Probably close to Miss Piggy but I started breadboarding from the regular Fuzzface schematic and modded it until I liked it. Looks like this:

The box is an enclosure from an old 3-phase current (um... I'm not totally sure that's the correct term) switch that was feeding an old (and huge) analog Xerox photocopy machine. The copier machine got changed to a newer one that did not need 3-phase current and the switch was left over. After a while I realised thet I could probably use the box for something else and took it home. After that it was in my junkbox for a few years. Few weeks ago I started breadboarding the circuit and REmembered the box.

I think the red chicken head knobs fit the look quite nicely. :)

pi22seven

Dig the industrial look! Very cool. :icon_exclaim:

pbrommer

As promised: Pictures!!

Know that I am NOT a professional artist, nor am I a good painter overall. Oh yeah, no knobs yet. Link: http://photobucket.com/albums/a264/pbrommer/Pedals/

There is a Peppermill, a Red Llama (notice the guts and the 'mojo' fabric to prevent shorting!), Dist+ (red and orange faded), Odie, EA Trem (undone striped Green, Blue, Purple), Rangemaster, Tube Reamer, Fuzz Face.

A picture of my great screw up, the DD-80 box (from byoc.com), on the floor, alond with all my future projects and work area. Enjoy.

Patrick
  • SUPPORTER

amz-fx

Great thread. I love looking at all the great box designs you guys have made!

regards, Jack

-Kknd-

Hail to you. Here's my great 15$ fuzz =D

And the sound:

The noise is now fixed!

The links are broken, i will try to fix this.

jrem

nice thread, cool pics

http://jrem.webhop.org/stuff/fuzz/

http://jrem.webhop.org/stuff/phase/

got some other stuff around to post, maybe after I come off 'lurker status'

MartyB

Great pics jrem!  You're well-setup for building!  Nice etching!

8)

free electron

pinko_scum

This is my first project i finished a few weeks ago, its the tweak-o project from small bear.  Unfortunately when i put a clear coat all the paint started peeling up....but oh well.  And sorry about the glarry pic.

goosonique

some love from the EAST

<((one man with courage makes a majority))>

ezanker

Thought i would add some of mine to this thread.  The only one not posted here before is the EA Tremolo.

KORGULL

ezanker,
That Ruby Bassman looks 40 yrs old - and I mean that in a good way.  :icon_cool:

mat

Quote from: free electron on October 30, 2005, 07:56:08 PM
My latest creation... soundclip
P.

WoW!  :icon_cool: :icon_cool: :icon_cool: :icon_cool: :icon_cool: Cool looking and so cool sounding overdrive. The playing was also cool ! What is it ? How did You record the clip ?

Thanks for shearing !

Very curious,
mat

free electron

mat:
Thanks!:)
The theme I played is a part of song wrote by a Swedish folk band Hedningarna. The signal chain was: guitar (2xhumb)->FireStarter->DIY  one channel tube amp (only clean;ECC83+ECL86)->1x12" closed cabinet (G12H100 Speaker)-> Shure SM57->DIY MicPre(INA163)->SBLive! Aux In. Two spread in pan tracks, added a touch of reverb.
Regards, P.