SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LucifersTrip

always think outside the box

Brymus

This would have been mine given another 24 hrs...

Good luck to those that made it in time !!  ;)  :icon_twisted:
I'm no EE or even a tech,just a monkey with a soldering iron that can read,and follow instructions. ;D
My now defunct band http://www.facebook.com/TheZedLeppelinExperience

Taylor

I don't see any requirement for the pedal to be working in the 666 competition rules. So as far as I can tell you can post pedals that are finished externally, even if not internally.

LucifersTrip

Quote from: Taylor on August 04, 2010, 05:34:21 PM

I made it an inline pic for those who scan pages.

I don't see any requirement for the pedal to be working in the 666 competition rules. So as far as I can tell you can post pedals that are finished externally, even if not internally.

Thanx for making it inline. I didn't know how to do it and was too close to the deadline to try to figure it out. I rushed it so much that I used the wrong aspect ratio.
Here's the corrected aspect:

always think outside the box

tuckster

Quote from: I like Grunge on August 04, 2010, 04:54:17 PM

And in the moment I'm working on an Big Muff Ram's head after the Layout from Frequency Central. [Rick Hold:  Thx for this Layout!!!]
It'll look like that:

If it wasn't such a tragedy the pic would win the 1st price on the 666 thread. The newspaper says "mother confesses homicide of 8 babies".....
  • SUPPORTER

paulyy

Great builds so far. Cant wait to see what the prize will look like.
Heres my orange squeezer which i renamed Lemon/Lime squeeze. Layout from Madbeans Cupcake layout.

Slade

Nice work, guys, thanks to the participants, we hope you have enjoyed making the pedals for the contest :icon_biggrin:

Here are my last two, a brown Libelle Tremolo and an Optical Compressor.

Best regards to all, hope you like the prize ;)

Fernando.-

Brymus

Well after tooling a non Rayco enclosure,I will NEVER use one again !!!!
I also drilled two of the enclosures I bought from John Lyons,man aluminum is the WAY to go.
They will be pretty sweet when they are done.

I must say for me the hardest part was learning to use Gimp to do the graphics.
Its easier for me to tolex an enclosure than use decals or labeling...
Plus I hand drew alot of mine,after finding the starting art on the web.
The plus side is I have a ton of fresh art for graphics and killer ideas for future builds so the contest isnt a bummer for me not finishing in time.
I would really like an electronic drawing tablet for doing my artwork.
But the Papillo water resistant ink jet printer decal paper is the shizzle !!!
I have another would have been entry that looks even sicker than the one I posted pics of.
I will post pics of both when they are done.

I almost went with black copper clad for the graphics like entry two > which IMO is hands down the best of the lot !!
Really disuaded me from finishing mine I think.
The first entry/s would be my pic for 2nd followed by Joe Harts very impressive Bat Boost for 3rd

Paully that lemon/lime squeezer looks completely killer.
The fade job on that enclosure is worthy of a hot rod/low rider bike.

FC/Slade post some darn pics of the prize already !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm no EE or even a tech,just a monkey with a soldering iron that can read,and follow instructions. ;D

Pigyboy

Hey Steve.....Is that you?  :icon_twisted: ??? ;D

Well done to the competitors!

[/quote]
And you'll have to admit, I'll be rich as shit
I'll just sit and grin, the money will roll right in....
                                                            - FANG

Fuzz Aldryn

Quote from: Slade on August 05, 2010, 02:29:40 AM
Nice work, guys, thanks to the participants, we hope you have enjoyed making the pedals for the contest :icon_biggrin:

Here are my last two, a brown Libelle Tremolo and an Optical Compressor.

Best regards to all, hope you like the prize ;)

Fernando.-

Hi Fernando,

awesome as usual!:) Realy dig the looks of the compressor.
Here is my latest work, a Superfuzz - must be the 9th that I've built until now.

Cheers
Helge

tombola

Really enjoyed the 666 competition yesterday - my vote goes to Tuckster / Bre.

Here's something far less exciting, the AMZ Pickup Simulator circuit in a little box.

So far, it seems to work really well for putting non-guitar sources (i.e. synths, line-outs) into pedals, esp fuzzes.

Also on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/71172892@N00/4861843994/

Slade

Quote from: Brymus on August 05, 2010, 02:47:17 AM
FC/Slade post some darn pics of the prize already !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I thought you like waiting 'til the last moment :icon_twisted:

Quote from: Fuzz Aldryn on August 05, 2010, 04:28:39 AM
Hi Fernando,

Here is my latest work, a Superfuzz - must be the 9th that I've built until now.

Thank you, my friend, glad you like the compressor, I like it a lot, I have a video in my website if you want to check it.

Another Superfuzz, ha? Looks nice! You must be the most superfuzzer guy here! That's a great title :icon_razz:

Fuzz Aldryn

Quote from: Slade on August 05, 2010, 04:40:06 AM
Quote from: Brymus on August 05, 2010, 02:47:17 AM
I thought you like waiting 'til the last moment :icon_twisted:

Quote from: Fuzz Aldryn on August 05, 2010, 04:28:39 AM
Hi Fernando,

Thank you, my friend, glad you like the compressor, I like it a lot, I have a video in my website if you want to check it.

Another Superfuzz, ha? Looks nice! You must be the most superfuzzer guy here! That's a great title :icon_razz:

Hahaha, thanks! But I think this title belongs to Solidhex here - I think I know that for pretty sure.;)

trad3mark

Slade that compressor is just awesome looking! Out of interest, how much would you charge for one of those?

jolly1423

Heres my orange squeezer which i renamed Lemon/Lime squeeze. Layout from Madbeans Cupcake layout.

[/quote]

Beautiful finish!

I like Grunge

Quote from: tuckster on August 04, 2010, 06:53:57 PM

If it wasn't such a tragedy the pic would win the 1st price on the 666 thread. The newspaper says "mother confesses homicide of 8 babies".....

Oh man i should have glued the newspaper on the FX... :icon_twisted:

luko-man

Quote from: jolly1423 on August 05, 2010, 01:17:51 PM

Info on the pait job?? i am wondering how you do that two tone?
cant think of anything funny to put here

paulyy

@ jolly1423
Beautiful finish!
Thanks!

@ luko-man
Info on the pait job?? i am wondering how you do that two tone?

Thanks. Glad you like it. I use Testors one coat lacquer for the colors and Ace instance drying lacquer clear. Prime your encloser and wet sand till smooth then your ready to paint. I start off by painting the whole encloser gold first. I start off with light coats then heavy as i go on. When I'm done doing the gold then i start laying down the green. Keep in mind the gold is still some what tacky. With the green i start off light then heavy as i go on. Just like the gold. After a minute or two. I lay down the clear. Again, Start off light then heavy. Give your self 3 to 4 minutes between coats. If you start off to heavy on the first coat. I will effect the paint underneath. The first 2 coats should look some what grainy at first. Those will be your tack coats. When its done drying. I wet sand it with 400 grit papper and start my lettering then clear coat it. 3 or 4 coats is good. Iv been painting for over ten years and to get these results from a spray can is crazy and the colors choices are awesome. Check your local hobby store for the Testors paint. I got mine from Hobby Lobby. 4.99 a can. Hope this helps. :icon_wink:

Brymus

Thats insane Paully.
I love that paint job,cant believe you got that with spray cans !
Nice info on how to do the fade.
Reminds me of a classic hot rod.