Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slade

I must say my last post was a joke!

markeebee

No worries, Slade. Received as a joke  :icon_biggrin:

Just to set the record straight, in case my own daft joke wasn't received:  Slade's beautiful, amazing, inspiring boxes are OF COURSE all his own work. Nobody else has those chops, especially not me.

But the perf board in Frequency Central's stuff? Mine.

frequencycentral

:o I am so offended I have to go for a lie down in a darkened room now.
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

Renegadrian

Been away for a while...Even had some vacation days at the Summer Jamboree in Senigallia...

That tube pedal at page 662 and the etched fuzz factory at page 661 are really great builds, so nice to see!!!
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

armstrom

Here's a compressor built from an SSM2166 chip.
Yellow powder coat and bake-on laser decal.

here's a pcb layout and schematic: http://www.mr2-power.com/compressor.pdf

Slade

Looks really nice! Would you post some samples? Haven't hear it yet. Please!

armstrom

I'll try to get someone to record something. I'm not much of a guitar player myself and this pedal will be shipped off to a friend. The thing with compressors is it's hard to "hear them" unless you have the compression way up :)

Slade

Quote from: armstrom on August 09, 2010, 02:28:13 PM
I'll try to get someone to record something. I'm not much of a guitar player myself and this pedal will be shipped off to a friend. The thing with compressors is it's hard to "hear them" unless you have the compression way up :)
I don't think so, in fact I like "non invasive" compressors. It's good to hear and see if they loose some treble, define the signal and how "exagerated" is the effect. Compressors are used as "effects", to get slapped sounds as well as "functionally", to control dynamics, so listening to a good sounding sample is very good to understand the features. I've listen to many, but not this one! :icon_lol:

deadastronaut

oh man...missed the 666 comp coz i was away...back now though!.. :icon_cry:

great pedals guys..my money was on galego's...love it.. :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted:

but tuckster was definately a worthy winner..well done man...enjoy your new box of tricks..did you cry?..

or get a little emotional..i would have..ha ha.. :icon_mrgreen:

excellent stuff guys..i wish i could've put one up there but alas didnt have the time etc... :(

@brymus..nope.. :icon_lol: it wouldnt have been a boogie!..it was going to be a bogner ecstasy..ha ha..just to not do what is expected.! :icon_twisted:

excellent work rick/fernando...brilliant comp guys...look forward to one i can actually participate in.. :( :( :( :icon_biggrin:

rob. :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted:
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Renegadrian

Can we settle up a 671 competition?!  :icon_lol:
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

mth5044

You could wait out for the millennial competition...

...most futuristic pedal?

At least it will be about 2.5 years until then at this rate, so no complaining for not enough time this time!  :P

Galego

Quote from: Renegadrian on August 09, 2010, 04:07:01 PM
Can we settle up a 671 competition?!  :icon_lol:

We could do a 741 competition, but i think the next competitions should be not just about the looks. Everyone should post clips to participate and the sound would be a factor as well.

Galego

Quote from: deadastronaut on August 09, 2010, 03:57:29 PM
great pedals guys..my money was on galego's...love it.. :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted:

Thanks man, and thank you to all you guys who liked my entry, feels really good for a noob like me, and motivates me to do better.

fluoreszenz

Fantastic entrys on the 666 competition. Couldn't make it in time, though the Bloody Crunchy is too late... also omitted blood splashes  :icon_evil:
(it's a Crunchbox, based on Madbeans layout  8)), in an old enclosure of an earlier project. 

Also finsihed the graphics on the tremolo (tremolo-kit from musikding). Guts are a mess, however, works nicely.

It was my first try using some laser printed color decals; not totally satisfied,
since it sits not totally flat on the box and in small sections it's corrugated. Seems to be some kind of "bake-on"-decal,
heating with a hair-dryer ( ;D) helped for adhesion to the surface and to flatten the decal.

So, now i need to figure out how these decals work to get better results...

joethugs

Quote from: fluoreszenz on August 10, 2010, 04:14:03 AM
Fantastic entrys on the 666 competition. Couldn't make it in time, though the Bloody Crunchy is too late... also omitted blood splashes  :icon_evil:
(it's a Crunchbox, based on Madbeans layout  8)), in an old enclosure of an earlier project. 

This one could have won the 666 competition!   :icon_twisted:
do you mind sharing me the layout for the pcb on this one?  :icon_rolleyes:

great build by the way..  ;)

kupfer_m

Testing a tube distortion/waveshaper with a 6AK5 and a 6BN6.
(based on the info on this page :http://www.cgs.synth.net/tube/beam.html)

Steve Mavronis

Quote from: Galego on August 09, 2010, 05:39:46 PMWe could do a 741 competition, but i think the next competitions should be not just about the looks. Everyone should post clips to participate and the sound would be a factor as well.

Thumbs up on this suggestion!
Guitar > Neo-Classic 741 Overdrive > Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor > DOD BiFET Boost 410 > VHT Special 6 Ultra Combo Amp Input > Amp Send > MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay > Boss RC3 Loop Station > Amp Return

Thomeeque

It was good light today :)

T.

EDIT: Resized, click for higher resolution..
Do you have a technical question? Please don't send private messages, use the FORUM!

kupfer_m

Quote from: Thomeeque on August 11, 2010, 10:30:42 AM
It was good light today :)

T.

Wow! You have a solder-robot!!!  ;)

Nice work & very good pictures indeed.

Magnus

Hello together,
great builds, and a Wahwah again - cool rebuild  8)

Here are the two next ones i finished today:

Dallas Rangemaster Prototype:

Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Face (Germanium) Prototype:

Greetings
Magnus
AMZ Booster, Dist. +, DOD 250,
Dr. Boogey, Fuzz Face's, JCM800-Emu, LPB1,
May Booster, Obsidian, Orange T/B-Booster,
Pentaboost, Prof. Tweed, Rangemaster's,
SansAmp GT2, Superfly (Amp), Guv'nor,
Tone Bender MKI/MKII/MKIII, TS 808