News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kupfer_m

Quote from: lazerphea on August 18, 2010, 04:28:09 PM
The urge to solder led me to use my last 6x10 piece of perfboard to make a LPB-1, while waiting for the supplies :p

I've added a 2M2ohm shunt resistor and changed the input capacitor from 100nF to 47nF, to let less low frequencies reach the 3904. If anyone is interested, here's my layout:

:)

It is impossible to have the words "beer" and "Heineken" on the same cap!  ;)

Hides-His-Eyes

"HEINEKEN? @#$% that shit. PABST BLUE RIBBON!"

lazerphea

Lol dudes! That bottle top was the first thing I saw on my desk to make the circuit stand properly for taking pictures! :D

kupfer_m

Renegadrian

You should have used a Moretti cap instead (Italian beer)
PS what's wrong with Heineken?! I like it!
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

lazerphea

Quote from: Renegadrian on August 19, 2010, 09:47:46 AM
You should have used a Moretti cap instead (Italian beer)
PS what's wrong with Heineken?! I like it!
I like Heineken too, but speaking about italian beers, nothing compares to Menabrea, IMO. Pedavena rulez too, btw! :D

lazerphea

Hey, sorry about the off topic, but does anyone knows Eric Sardinas? I've seen him live and loved the trick he does with the bottle of beer! Check him out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kYcBEpdMag

Slade

I wonder if a bottle of Heineken would give a better tone... Altough that berghoff bottle is more tubishhh....

Ocfug

First off all. I'm new here. Been through almost every page of this topic and now I decided to upload my builds.

My very first; the infamous 5 knob fuzz f.

with knobs and in action:

My second build; a Dr Boogey. The knobs I bought didn't fit the pots so it's still without knobs...

gutshot:

Third; another Fuzz f

guts:

And my latest. A tube cricket

So... that's all for now.

theundeadelvis

Ocfug - That Cricket looks great. Has an awesome vintage look to it.
If it ain't broke...   ...it will be soon.

deadastronaut

ocfug...the red 'another fuzz' looks like it was pulled from the titanic wreck...excellent...

like the tube cricket too,... :icon_mrgreen:
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Galego

Lovepedal Purple Plexi clone. I haven't received the enclosures i ordered yet...

I made a few mistakes here:
1 - Ended up putting the dc socket on the opposite side of what i wanted  >:( dammit!
2 - Forgot to connect the VCC to the J201 on the millenium bypass  >:( dammit! dammit!
3 - Got the idea from someone here to paint the board before soldering, made the soldering a nightmare. And it only looks a bit better. Next time i'm either not painting it, or i'll paint over the soldered thing.

Well... i think that's it. It's my first pedal with everything on board. Makes it a lot more work, but not having to do the wiring is great.

Oh, and it sounds great!

CynicalMan

Quote from: Galego on August 19, 2010, 03:11:58 PM
Lovepedal Purple Plexi clone. I haven't received the enclosures i ordered yet...

The build style looks just like the new mxr stuff. Inspiration?  ;)

Galego

Quote from: CynicalMan on August 19, 2010, 04:02:36 PM
The build style looks just like the new mxr stuff. Inspiration?  ;)

The only pedal I have that i haven't made is a Boss DD-7. I have seen the guts of Some pedals around the web, but mostly old stuff. So i guess i was influenced by a lot of stuff, but not specifically MXR.

Slade

Ocfug, I like that tube cricket! Nice builds :icon_biggrin:

Here's my last.. hoping Jacob (jkokura) and that little man... hmm.. "jacobyd".. strange name, well.. hoping that they get this design..

It's a Dr. Boogey and OCD in the same box, it's the second I build after THIS ONE.

Regards,
Fernando.-

Hupla

My god slade.... I want to be you...
Completed builds: BSIAB2
Pedals to build: Dr.Boogey, TS-808

fatfoohy

......how did i get stuck posting after slade ???, oh well....here's my first attempt at a completed pedal, im pretty proud of it. it's a purple peaker, modified for bass, similar to the yellow humper.  the high frequency boost sounds a little odd to my ears, but the low sounds nice, and paired with the high gives a nice mid scoop. the graphic looks much better in person, it looks very odd with the way the lighting is, you cant see the bubbles either

having leftover parts is just proof that you made it better!!!!

jonasx26

just completed this "foxx ultimate octave machine".. it's my second one, this one has some mods and fixes to stuff i didn't like about my first.
made some changes to the filter-section and added a 'pregain' so i don't have to fiddle with the volume knob on the guitar..

finish on this one? no use trying.. RIGHT SLADE?
seriously slade, your effects always look awesome!

take care / Jonas

jacobyjd

Slade, I liked your previous design just fine--I was just being goofy :)

This one, though, is one of my favorites out of all your designs so far. Well done!
Warsaw, Indiana's poetic love rock band: http://www.bellwethermusic.net

LucifersTrip

always think outside the box