calling Stuart Castledine...

Started by swt, September 12, 2003, 12:16:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swt

Hey Stuart!! How are you?. I saw another thread about the royer mayer octavia, and you were saying something about putting 24 volts in it. Can i do that without frying  anything?. Is it worth...also...what happen to that schem on your site, the corrected one?. Thanks a lot for you help!!!

phillip

The Tycobrahe Octavia is the one that was designed for 24V, according to RM.  The parts should be able to handle that voltage, but just make sure that the electro. capacitors in the circuit are rated for more...I would go with 35V caps.  Most of the small signal transistors can handle 25V on the collector, but that's the limit for a lot of them.  

You can find the correct RM Octavia schem on my site on the "Schematics & PCBs" page:

http://fuzzcentral.tripod.com/

The schematic was compared to a RM "signature" model Octavia in the rocket enclosure and it all checked out.  If you compare the front section of the RM Octavia to the front section of the Tyco...there are a lot of similarities...too many to be a coincidence I think.  The extra voltage is supposed to clean the sound up and enhance the treble range, but I haven't tried it....yet  :D

Hope this helps some
Phillip

swt

thanks man!! you've been really helpful!!