Would this require an EQ effect?

Started by Andy, September 12, 2003, 10:19:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy

If I wanted to have an effect to give that "mid position wah" sound like Randy Rhoads used a lot in concert, would I have to simply build an EQ effect?  Or would a wah circuit be more essential?

Keep in mind that I don't want any change in sound from the box ie a controlable knob or foot-sweep
Andy

Rob Strand

Given a wha circuit is pretty simple just build one of those and put a trim-pot in place of the what pedal pot, just permanently set it to the position you like.  Alternatively replace the pedal pot with a knob on the font panel you can play sound with the setting. The only hassle I guess is finding an inductor you can trust (RG has some part number on his site for easy to get coils).
Send:     . .- .-. - .... / - --- / --. --- .-. -
According to the water analogy of electricity, transistor leakage is caused by holes.

Andy

cool.  Thats what I was figuring also.  Maybe a control knob wouldnt be a bad idea.  Unless someone knew how to set the trim and know that it would always be like that, a knob would be ideal.  I think I will start working on one of those.  Do wah pedals boost the volume in any way?  would there have to be some kind of attenuator to prevent it from boosting the volume too much when turned on?  That would be neat though if you used that for solos only so you could punch through the mix.

Any ideas are appreciated!!
Andy

Arno van der Heijden