ce2 chorus not working........dangit.....

Started by jonathan perez, January 09, 2007, 10:03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonathan perez

ok, where would i find a RD11EB zener diode? because the one i got from mouser MAY be the culprit. its a 5020A.

ill keep measuring around, but everything is looking GOOD...but voltages cuts in half right after the zener diode.

any ideas?
no longer the battle of midway...(i left that band)...

i hate signatures with gear lists/crap for sale....

i am a wah pervert...ask away...

Morocotopo

I used:
RD11EB: replaced by a 12V/0,5W zener diode
TL022: replaced by TL062 (could also be TL072)
1N914: replaced by 1N4148
Works fine.
Hope it helps.

Morocotopo
Morocotopo

jonathan perez

oh...replaced so that it WORKS, or so that it works better?

MartyMart

As it's just a power supply protection diode, a 1N4001 or even a 1N4148 will do fine, that's
what I used.
TL062/72 - also fine 100% as replacement
1N4148's - direct replacement for '914's

MM
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

jonathan perez

the sound right now is...well..nothing! i get no change in sound. and the voltage drops off SOMEWHERE, so ive got to pinpoint it...this sucks... :D

ill swap those ICs and report back..

Morocotopo

Replaced as in, I never used/tried the original parts. RD11EB: couldnĀ“t get. TL022: extra/super/ extra expensive in my country. 1N914: unavailable in my country.
Are you sure the diode is oriented correctly?

Morocotopo
Morocotopo

Mark Hammer

The circuit will work perfectly fine without the diode in question; just don't plug in the wrong adaptor.

I think I'm using an LM358 for the LFO in mine.  Never actually set eyes on a TL022 in my life.

Do you not get anything or is this a case of simply not getting a chorus effect?

Barcode80

i have 2 TL022's on my bench right now, sitting in my defunct DOD delay :( I think you have an unpowered opamp. check voltages on the IC's.

jonathan perez

Quote from: Mark Hammer on January 10, 2007, 02:31:09 PM
The circuit will work perfectly fine without the diode in question; just don't plug in the wrong adaptor.

I think I'm using an LM358 for the LFO in mine.  Never actually set eyes on a TL022 in my life.

Do you not get anything or is this a case of simply not getting a chorus effect?

no chorus effect, at all. trimpot does nothing...

i dont have anything besides a tl022, right now...at least i dont think...ill take alook in my parts bin, see what i have.

im going to swap out the 4558 too, to see if maybe i put in a dead one...

jonathan perez

nope...still not working...ill post voltages and go over with a microscope to see if i did any blotchy solder jobs, tonight.

thanks!

Mark Hammer

If you have a meter, check to see what the AC voltage is on the input of the BBD while you strum.

As well, what sorts of sockets are you using, good ones or bargain basement?  I've had a few instances where I couldn't locate any source of nonfunctionality, and when I jiggled the chip in the socket or dabbed some stuff in to improve the contacts, all of a sudden the thing came to life.  I recommend using good quality machined sockets for any of the critical expensive chips in a project.  At least that way yuo can be certain the source is NOT that chip.

jonathan perez

ill check that right now!!!!!

also, i noticed that on the TP CE2 project page, on the picture of the CE2, the transistors are orientated the opposite direction...may that be my problem?

sockets are fine...hmm....

oh right, VOLTAGE!...

MartyMart

If you used the same trannies, then the pinout and orientation SHOULD match the
layout, if you used others, then you may need to check the pinout and adjust !!
That one will get you EVERY time  :icon_wink:

MM
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com