Can anyone tell what this part is or where to get it?

Started by jimbob, January 23, 2007, 04:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimbob

I wasnt really sure where to get this part or even what it is. Underneath/connected to the board it has 4  connections to the board on the 1st half and then only 2 on the other end that connect to the board.

thanks
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

John Lyons

Looks like the top of a relay but it's hard to tell.
Can you get a semi side view short of it?
If It's about a half inch tall then I'd say it's a relay switch.
If it says something about 5 or up to 24 volts and has a coil symbol then for sure...

John

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

puretube

JimRayden

Yup, smells like a relay, I'm looking at a very similiar item on the table right in front of me.

4 pins on one end, 2 on the other... must be a DPST.

---------
Jimbo

The Tone God

A quick Google search for the "Axicom" name in electronic components brings up relays so I would agree with others that it is a relay.

Andrew

jimbob

Its actually for a pedal Im planning to clone. This is really the only peiece of the puzzle I cant figure out yet. This is a commercially built fuzz that I liked enough to clone and build just for myself and then sell the original. Is it ethical- I think so since im not planning to sell copies, just keeping the clone for myself. Actually, Its more of an experiment, to see if I can do it. Ive never tried this before- so its kinda a challenge. Im looking over the bottom of the board and using a sharpie and ruler on a piece of copper board. I would think there would be an easier and more accurate way to do this so any suggestions would be appreciated.

So most fuzz pedals have a relay and 3 op amps? hmmmmm
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

Dan N

Quote from: jimbob on January 24, 2007, 02:26:19 AM

So most fuzz pedals have a relay and 3 op amps? hmmmmm

No. I have never seen a fuzz with a relay. Cornish is the only pedal maker I can think of who uses relays.