News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures (Guitars)

Started by Rattlehead, May 01, 2007, 03:31:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GGBB

Quote from: stallik on June 24, 2020, 05:41:26 PM
Parallel. Sorry I wasn't clear. Dunno if it's just the pickups I'm using but it's the closest I come to the Peter green sound. Then again, if you heard it, you'd probably disagree. I have lo-fi ears. They come with age

No - I like it - wouldn't be something I use a lot though. My earlier question was about how useful having BOTH out-of-phase variations - parallel AND series - would be and how different they would sound.
  • SUPPORTER

tubelectron

Quote from: deadastronaut on June 24, 2020, 07:30:40 AM
lovely collection of lefties bruno...... 8) 8) 8)

Thanks Rob Lefty Mate !   ;)

A+!
I apologize for my approximative english writing and understanding !
http://guilhemamplification.jimdofree.com/

bumblebee

Mine below

2019 Jazzmaster, Ocean Turquoise

1965 Mustang, Daphne blue

2004 Mustang, Ocean Turquoise

2004 Jaguar, Olympic White

2019 SG jr, Heritage cherry

2010 BlackHeart Melody Maker

2011 BJ Armstrong Les Paul Jr

bluebunny

• SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

vigilante397

This is a thinline strat build I put together recently. I won't mention the name of the place I got the body from because I did not care for their product or their service, it took 3-4 hours of work to get it to the level I would expect a commercial product to be. Body finish was done with Wudtone (LOVE their finishes), neck is a roasted maple Fender replacement, pickup is a Seymour Duncan JB.

The pickguard was an experiement for me, it's aluminum that I milled out with CNC, then I powdercoated it and laser engraved it. Turned out really nice in my opinion, I may end up doing more like that.

• SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

Phend

Still finding different areas on this great DIY Stompboxes site.
Found............Great pics of guitars !!
(Missing Xmas gift to myself...Taylor)
First was the Black Electra purchase from friend in 1974.
Yamaha Red Label in UR.  Santa Cruz OM in LL.
All USA except the Red Label and Electra.

• SUPPORTER+
When the DIY gets Weird, the Weird turn Pro.

vigilante397

Finally moving this over here where it belongs :P This is my new semi-hollow J Bass: custom walnut/mahogany body (Acapulco gold finish from Wudtone), roasted maple Fender replacement neck, Nordstrand JB pickups, CNC-milled/powdercoated/laser engraved aluminum pickguard, Hipshot hardware. Wired the pickups so I can have both pickups mixed in mono (top jack), both pickups separately in stereo (bottom jack), or split each pickup to its own mono jack (both jacks at the same time). And I know the pickguard covers the F-hole a little, I'm trying to figure out a way to notch the pickguard that will still look okay, just afraid to ruin it and have to make another :P

And of course it's semi-hollow so it fits in with the family :P

• SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

any

Custom P-Bass/Music Man Hybrid.

Bartolini Pick-ups and NTBT 2 band EQ preamp, Allparts Body and Neck (late 90's), Custom 2mm Aluminum Headstock Cover plate (glued) and Pickguard.
Controls (top to bottom in 2nd pic) Master Volume, Pick-up selector(neck/both/bridge), Bass EQ, Treble EQ, Bridge PU(single coil/humbucker series), Preamp on/off, status LED.

Everything I always wanted in one Bass and sounds absolutely killer. 8)

It's supposed to sound that way.

stallik

Taken a while to prepare, find left handed tools and learn to do things but I'm getting close to starting to build. Made a 16" thickness sander and tested it out on this Black Limba. Slow but effective :)

This will become another T style, this time with P90's and a hardtail
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

bluebunny

Isn't wood just gorgeous?   <need swoon icon>

That's gonna look fabulous, Kevin.  Strapping myself in for the ride...   :icon_cool:
  • SUPPORTER

deadastronaut

+1

nice grain....will look the nuts.. 8)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

stallik

Quote from: bluebunny on July 30, 2021, 10:53:31 AM
Isn't wood just gorgeous?   <need swoon icon>

I think so - had this piece of Yew hanging around for some time. It spent 40 years in a farm yard and was going to be filled with acrylic and used as a shelf but now, I'm not sure..
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

davent

Quote from: stallik on July 30, 2021, 09:03:12 AM
Taken a while to prepare, find left handed tools and learn to do things but I'm getting close to starting to build. Made a 16" thickness sander and tested it out on this Black Limba. Slow but effective :)

This will become another T style, this time with P90's and a hardtail

Beautiful!

Have you chosen a wood for the fretboard?
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

stallik

I was going to go with something plain and dark. Either ebony or a dark rosewood?

bluebunny

Quote from: stallik on July 30, 2021, 11:25:05 AM
going to be filled with acrylic and used as a shelf but now, I'm not sure..

Bass.  Just sayin'...   ;)
  • SUPPORTER

Ben N

Quote from: bluebunny on July 30, 2021, 05:35:40 PM
Quote from: stallik on July 30, 2021, 11:25:05 AM
going to be filled with acrylic and used as a shelf but now, I'm not sure..

Bass.  Just sayin'...   ;)
What? A bass shelf?
  • SUPPORTER

stallik

Been looking around for P90 pickups and settled on some with grunt by Bloodstone in Yorkshire, UK. They arrived today - build quality is fantastic but it'll be a little while yet before I get to hear them. Needed to get the PU's before routing the neck pocket. The other hardware arrives Monday along with more tools from Crimson but the fret wire will be a little longer.

Shame this will have to be sold to finance the next one :(

Phend

Use care around yew wood. It can be toxic. (Shown a few posts above )
  • SUPPORTER+
When the DIY gets Weird, the Weird turn Pro.

bluebunny

Quote from: stallik on November 06, 2021, 12:10:07 PM
Shame this will have to be sold to finance the next one :(

Nooooooooooooooooo!   :icon_eek:
  • SUPPORTER

stallik

Thanks for the warning Phend.
Mark, I'm resigned to the fact that my builds will have to be sold if I'm to make another. Pension only goes so far. Then again, if one is really worth keeping, I can always shift another in my collection instead.
Trouble is, I'm not building down to a price and have no name behind me so shifting my own build and breaking even is going to be hard.