Tube boost + overdrive running off a 9 volt battery

Started by dano12, December 11, 2007, 07:51:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krinor

Some pictures of my latest Valvecaster. This time with true bypass in a small enclosure.
I wired it so that the input jack functions as an on/off switch for the tube (on if jack is inserted). Thus the tube will stay on all the time for imediate action once the effect is engaged.

And the interior:

Renegadrian

Man, I just love your pedal!!! Nice and classy!!! Is it the standard version or it has some mods!?
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

Krinor

Standard. I really love it the way it is. But I AM going to build a twin version soon. Just have to sell this one first to get some cash for more tubes.  :icon_mrgreen:

Renegadrian

+1 on the twincaster, I am waiting my tubes to arrive, an angel sent me some for free...And then I'll go twin too!!!
Will post asap the results...

Krinor

dano12

Quote from: Krinor on March 09, 2008, 05:13:47 PM
Some pictures of my latest Valvecaster. This time with true bypass in a small enclosure.
I wired it so that the input jack functions as an on/off switch for the tube (on if jack is inserted). Thus the tube will stay on all the time for imediate action once the effect is engaged.

And the interior:

That is a great piece of work, inside and out. I'm a sucker for chrome/polished metal :)

Good job!

Krinor

Thanks Dano!
Actually (admittedly) much of my work is inspired by all the cool stuff on your amazing website!  :icon_wink:

Renegadrian

+1
thanks to you for your circuit, we enjoyed it so much, as you can see...

dano12

Quote from: Krinor on March 09, 2008, 06:02:37 PM
Thanks Dano!
Actually (admittedly) much of my work is inspired by all the cool stuff on your amazing website!  :icon_wink:

My pleasure. Wait until you see the latest project.  :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted:

Krinor

Quote from: dano12 on March 09, 2008, 06:07:32 PM
Thanks Dano!

My pleasure. Wait until you see the latest project.  :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted:

Oh crap! What have you been up to now ?!  :icon_lol:

dano12

Quote from: Krinor on March 09, 2008, 06:14:42 PM
Quote from: dano12 on March 09, 2008, 06:07:32 PM
Thanks Dano!

Oh crap! What have you been up to now ?!  :icon_lol:

Microprocessor-controlled LFO/sequencer. Finished the basic coding tonight. Now its on to polishing and debugging.

Krinor

Now THAT is beyond that piece of grey fat which I laughingly call my brain.  :icon_mrgreen:

Ripdivot

Here is the schematic for my latest dual 12AU7 circuit. It is currently still on the bread board and I think it sounds great. It is designed to run on 9 volts. It goes from clean boost all the way up to "brown" type gain. It cleans up nice with the guitar volume as well.

Chawk

Quote from: Krinor on March 09, 2008, 05:13:47 PM

And the interior:

Kristian,

That pedal is tight! You've got some of the slickest looking boxes. Post some sound clips of this beauty... I just picked up some 12AU7s and was thinking of building it.

Matt
"Why don't those stupid idiots let me in their crappy club for jerks!"--Homer Simpson

Krinor

cheeb

I built this today with a 12au7. I would post pictures, but it looks identical to Kristian's. (Sorry, I liked the look and the layout)

I like it. It's definitely vintage-y. It drives a solid state smoothly, and it makes my Fender Bronco (Vibro-champ) sounds downright nasty.

One thing, though, do any of you guys have that scratch on your gain pot that sounds like DC?

--Cory

Renegadrian

Following my layout below, how do I get rid of the tone control? Shall I have to leave out only C4 or both C3 and C4?
Also, do you think that the tone control below  I found at Dano site would work better???

Also,  I'd really love to see the schematics of those shiny boxes...Look at specs...Guess what kind of tube they use^!?
http://www.voxamps.co.uk/pedals/cooltron.asp

brett

Hi
that tone control may need a buffer before it, and (especially) a buffer after it.  JFET buffers are simple and effective (4 parts!)
cheers
Brett Robinson
Let a hundred flowers bloom, let a hundred schools of thought contend. (Mao Zedong)

tranceracer

Just finished my Matsumin Tsunami Tube Overdrive!  :D

The middle knob is just covering a hole I drilled for a different tone stack that didn't work.  This is actually my 2nd revision back to the original schematic.  Sounds great!

Krinor

Looking good!
Cool idea to put that japanese painting on it.
I'm thinking that maybe you could use that extra pot for some sort of sweepable feedback loop filter thingy ?