Help with JFET 2SK44SPC and BBD's

Started by KaiApollo, April 20, 2008, 11:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KaiApollo

OK I am new, so my apologies if wrong forum. I and repairing an Ibanez FL-9. Q103 in the switching circuit is a 2SK44SPC. I cannot find a spec sheet for the component. I went to NTEINC.COM to cross reference the part, but could only cross it to a 2SK44. My problem is that their cross pins out as S D G, according to the information that I have from a schematic that I found the one in the pedal is S G D and the pins in the board are inserted side by side, so I do not want to risk crossing them and causing a short. Now Small Bear has 2SK44's but I want to make sure that I can interchange this part, I am assuming the answer is yes. All other components in the switching circuit work, when I  bypass the effect, I get no output, when engaged I get a signal passing but no Flanging effect. This brings me to my second question, I am assuming in this case that the problem is in the BBG, I have replaced some other IC's and transistors to fix other issues with the pedal. Is the MN3207 a chip that is likely to go (I am unfortunately pretty ignorant of the operation). All thoughts and ideas are welcome. Thanks!!!!!

Darin

ubersam

Don't worry about crossing the pins. Just insulate the legs like this:

KaiApollo

Yeah that looks like the answer, I figured that was what I would have to do. I ordered the NTE  part and will replace soon. I was hoping to get lucky though and find a direct replacement.

Thanks!!