small fuzz needed...

Started by thejoe, May 26, 2008, 10:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejoe

Hey guys,
I'm moding out a tele that I just got and I want to put a fuzz circuit in it (ala andy summers). I'm going to make it an esquire clone so I'll route under the pickguard for it but I'd still like it to be small.  I figure I could use a push/pull pot as the switch. Anyone got suggestions?
Thanks,
Joe

Dragonfly

depends on what type of fuzz you like...

look into a Fuzz Face (using a resistor for fixed fuzz amount), Bazz fuzz, and the Bosstone...they can all be quite compact.

petemoore

Build a box which fascilitates circuit swapping, listen to clips, make moddable boards of the ones you like, start with breadboard.
 Then, you'll have much more experience using the Tele with circuits, and be in a much better position to make an informed choice.
 Also consider the rest of the chain, is the amp you're using at this time the amp the Tele will be using later?
 Because in-guitar limits the number of parameters which aren't preset, getting the circuit built up, debugged, running is a good idea, as well as the exploring voicing options [SC's and Tele pickups are much different than HB's] while it is outside of the guitar.
  FF does make sense because the volume becomes pregain control, and can be effective, but only if it is, being the 'less than self dependant circuit' it can sometimes be. Whether it can be made as a 'match' to the amp and pickups...I would want to find that out first.

Convention creates following, following creates convention.