Ibanez FL9 Flanger PCB layout/project

Started by Michael Allen, June 26, 2008, 10:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Govmnt_Lacky

Finally got this boxed up and working!  ;D

There are some changes that need to be made to the circuit AND the layout that are very simple BUT... it is a GREAT flanger. The bonus is that you don't have to get the SAD1024 chip to get great flanging and it seems just as adjustable as the MXR M117  ;)

I developed a parts list from the factory schematic so if you need it, PM me with an email address. The list is on an Excel spreadsheet and I am too lazy to re-type it here  :icon_redface:
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Wee78

Thank!!! Govmnt_Lacky.
I'm Beginner. i built form this layout Regen,Width ,Speed, is work now ;D
But this Flanger i feel the sound is weak ??? Anyone Help!!!

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: Wee78 on November 13, 2014, 03:10:17 AM
But this Flanger i feel the sound is weak ??? Anyone Help!!! 

What do you mean by "Weak?" This flanger is not going to sound as deep as the M117 if that is what you mean. You are just not going to get that with a 3207 BBD.
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

armdnrdy

I built the FL9 for a friends son for a birthday present. He runs 9 volts on his pedal board so...shy of putting together a build with a charge pump voltage doubling circuit....I'm kind of strapped to building him lower voltage effects.

My opinion of this flanger????

It doesn't sound bad. This is definitely not an ADA flanger! but...not bad for what it is.

Here's my redraw of the schematic:

I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

armdnrdy

One other thing of note:

Some of you might remember a thread were I compared the dual 2SC1583F with two matched 2SC945Ps.

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=103921.0

There wasn't much difference at all so....the difficult to obtain 2SC1583F can be replaced with 2SC945Ps.

I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

abakuzam

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on July 03, 2011, 03:51:36 PM
Finally got this boxed up and working!  ;D

There are some changes that need to be made to the circuit AND the layout that are very simple BUT... it is a GREAT flanger. The bonus is that you don't have to get the SAD1024 chip to get great flanging and it seems just as adjustable as the MXR M117  ;)

I developed a parts list from the factory schematic so if you need it, PM me with an email address. The list is on an Excel spreadsheet and I am too lazy to re-type it here  :icon_redface:

Hello, i sent a PM for this pedal's schematic with my mail :) Thanks :)

Kevin Mitchell

Quote from: abakuzam on April 08, 2016, 10:28:13 AM

There's a schematic available a couple posts above yours (though I'm sure you've noticed?). I'd use armdnrdy's schematic and his suggested work-around part to save yourself a part-sourcing headache.
  • SUPPORTER
This hobby will be the deaf of me

abakuzam

Quote from: Kevin Mitchell on April 08, 2016, 02:38:55 PM
Quote from: abakuzam on April 08, 2016, 10:28:13 AM

There's a schematic available a couple posts above yours (though I'm sure you've noticed?). I'd use armdnrdy's schematic and his suggested work-around part to save yourself a part-sourcing headache.

Ofc, i saw it, i asked him for a parts list that he used , schematic and layout changes with success with the pedal, also thanks for the referance, i learn new things everyday in this forum :)

Synthmaffio

Hi, I've finished building my FL9 clone flanger, it works perfectly and sounds very good  :icon_biggrin: .
I made a recording to demonstrate how does it sounds like. I'm not a guitarist, so I used a synthesizer,
the roland jupiter 6, then a string machine and a song. Hope you like it! :icon_wink:
Really thanks to Michael Allen and Govmnt_Lacky!