Worst Looking Pedal Pictures Thread - Post Your Disasters Here !!

Started by frequencycentral, June 27, 2008, 11:58:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Top Top

You guys will love this - just built it.

Yes, that is gold spray-painted wood you see there.  :icon_mrgreen:

earthtonesaudio

Ripthorn

Some of these are so bad, I suddenly feel like I have found my effect-building home... :icon_biggrin:
Exact science is not an exact science - Nikola Tesla in The Prestige
https://scientificguitarist.wixsite.com/home

juansolo

One of my first non-kit builds (valvecaster+LPB). It was made with no clue what box it was going into so all the cables are huge. So I got a huge box then totally failed to take into account the huge pots I'd used. So the holes had to be, errm, modified. The Maltese Cross is in fact covering one such hole. However, despite the mess, it actually sound really quite cool, so I never re-did it. I give you, the Maltese Valvething:

rousejeremy

My first Tremulus Lune. The big yellow heatshrink is for the ramp mod diodes. It looks awful, and it works.

Consistency is a worthy adversary

www.jeremyrouse.weebly.com

WhenBoredomPeaks

My first build from a while ago , a Trotsky drive  in an Artec case.

Renegadrian

Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

WhenBoredomPeaks

Quote from: Renegadrian on November 29, 2009, 06:32:07 PM
As my GF would say "wow what a shaft!!!"  :icon_cool: :icon_biggrin: :icon_redface: :icon_twisted: ;D :icon_eek: :icon_lol:

:icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin:

They are from my first DIYy related order. Needless to say it was a huge mistake. I have like 20-30 pieces of unusable Alpha pots. Altough they have pins for ic mounting, none of them actually stays in the breadboard. They jump off from the sockets after a few seconds, no matter how i bend its legs.

darron

Quote from: Renegadrian on November 29, 2009, 06:32:07 PM
As my GF would say "wow what a shaft!!!"  :icon_cool: :icon_biggrin: :icon_redface: :icon_twisted: ;D :icon_eek: :icon_lol:

when i saw that massive shaft i wondered where it's massive knob was...

how much further can we take this, really? haha

but seriously, consider hitting those with a hack saw and getting them down to size. i hack saw all of my imperial D shaft pots down. do it in a vice so that you don't wreck the carbon taper too.
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

deadastronaut

uuav is the best...the puke thing with eyes..brilliant,,,,
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

nbabmf

My first etched pedal didn't come out so hot.  The etching wasn't deep enough and I lost some of the middle to sanding.

sean k

Nice knobs though, I used to be able to buy those at a surplus place but they're all gone now. Actually maybe I had some slightly bigger ones.
Monkey see, monkey do.
Http://artyone.bolgtown.co.nz/

alteredsounds

Just found this awesome thread, some seriously funny stuff here, I'll see if I can find something of my own to add  ;D

cloudscapes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

moose23

I really like the outside of the meathead but the guts certainly deserve to be in here. Both built in different enclosures and I'm too lazy to rewire them neater in their new homes. On the left is a meathead and the right is a sho. The sho was my first perf build from a few months ago.

Steve Mavronis

Quote from: phector2004 on March 13, 2010, 04:56:53 PM

kudos if you recognize what that is  :P

Looks like a Jackson Pollock painting?

(L-R) Teri Horton's disputed Pollock (66 3/4″ x 47 5/8″); David Geffen's $140 million Jackson Pollock No. 5 (48″ X 96″).
Guitar > Neo-Classic 741 Overdrive > Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor > DOD BiFET Boost 410 > VHT Special 6 Ultra Combo Amp Input > Amp Send > MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay > Boss RC3 Loop Station > Amp Return

phector2004

2nd one...

funny that i'm comparing a pedal from this thread with the world's most expensive painting!

congrats from a fellow greek!