OT - Anyone from Birmingham?

Started by MarkB, August 21, 2003, 12:43:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkB

Alabama, that is... (not England).

I'm going to be there for a couple of days - want to know if there's any places I should check out.  I should have at least one full day to kill.
"-)

PS - my .02 - I like the new forum a lot!

Bluesgeetar

I am from Jasper which is the small town about 30 miles west of Birmingham.  I used to go to a store over there in downtown.  I haven't been home since 1997.  And for the life of me I can't remember the name of the store.  But they had alot of cool gear from what I remember.  They dealt mostly in used guitar gear.  It's downtown!  Sorry, maybe that helps?

YeeeeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwww!!!!!!!!

This is the cry for Redneck Jihad

MarkB

Thanks -
I was there last week for a couple of days.. found one decent shop, but nothing spectacular.  I hope there's more that I didn't find or it's gonna be a LONG year (I'll be living there for a year starting next summer)
"-)

gez

I sincerely hope it's better than it's UK namesake!  I lived there ( I still have the nightmares) and it's a very...er, 'unique' place...big on concrete if I recall.  

To paraphrase Dr Johnson 'I once passed through Birmingham and by the look of it Sir it once passed through me!'
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

Bluesgeetar

I lived all over the world and USA I still think back home is the best.  Birmingham is awsome!!!!!!!  That's all I'm gonna say.  Because unlike Seattle where I now live we Southern folks don't want alot of adverts for thte rest of the country to come down here and screw our good life up.  Send me a private mess.  MarkB and I will tell you how to enjoy one of the best towns on earth.  And yes it is amazing there unlike Bham England.  Trees abound, mountains around her, tons of amazing parks  don't even get me started on the food.  Shit I'm homesick!!!!!!!!!  Seattle had a population boom that has pretty must destroyed this place!  How you ask?  Maybe because at every chance given Seattle busts it's butt to brag about a great a city it is to live in and adverts it across the world.  The Northwest is a very snobby we are the best and our crap don't stink kind of place.  So now they can reap the benefits of all that %^&*iness.  It is hell on earth living here!  My first signal that I had arrived in hell was this hellish creation by Gov. and law enforcement called a "Beer Garden".  What I screamed!!!!!!!  You can't just grab your beer and go do your thing?!!!!!   Sweeeeeeeet Hoooooome Aaaalabama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Where the beer runs free!!!!!!!

YeeeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaaaawwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Redneck Jihad

Andy

I live in Chattanooga, TN  which is norteast of BHam.  We have Wilson's Music (where I work part time) and L&M music, the Sound Post, and several more but those are the main ones.  You ought to check out the stores.
Andy

MarkB

thanks, I'll have to do that..
how far a ride is that from Bham?