ZVEX style metal washer

Started by HopperP, November 01, 2008, 06:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HopperP

anyone know a supplier of these washers ....preferably a US distributor.  I found them at Banzai, but that can take a while.

Thanks

Zedmin_fx

I believe smallbear has them for .10 a piece.

Focalized

I got the ones from smallbear. They are a little larger than in that pic. Same size as the white plastic ones that some with most switches.

HopperP

Quote from: Focalized on November 01, 2008, 06:50:51 PM
I got the ones from smallbear. They are a little larger than in that pic. Same size as the white plastic ones that some with most switches.

thank you.........I have the ones from smallbear, I was looking the ones with a little smalller outside diameter like pictured above

Mich P

This ones are hard to find
12mm in  and 16mm  outside
you can find them with the alfa dpdt
like this :
http://www.smallbearelec.com/Detail.bok?no=23
But if someone know where find them separetly ....
Thanks,
Mich P.

MikeH

"Sounds like a Fab Metal to me." -DougH

Jered

Find a local sheet metal shop. Ask if its something they already make for a current customer. If so, ask if they can punch you 100 or more next time they run that job. If they're cool people and don't consider your request trivial, they will do it for a reasonable price.What you will pay for is the plating.
  I built some work benches for a nearby shop and worked out a deal for boxes, washers, nuts, stand offs, handles, casters, etc. It was awsome for about a year and a half. They would let me go through their surplus, or make a few of what I needed when they had free time. Then they changed ownership. The new owners speak very little english and I don't speak spanish so those days are gone.

DougH

I get mine from an electronics surplus place that carries a lot of hardware. They are kind of big but I really like how they look:

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you."

culturejam

If I'm not mistaken, the 3PDT stomp switches that Pedal Parts Plus now carries include a very small metal washer (smaller than the ones Small Bear has). This was a recent change, I believe.

They do not sell them individually, as far as I know.

jaysg

hmm...so you're talking about a 1/2" ID and a 11/16" OD with a reasonable thickness.  Check out  93574A815 at McMaster-Carr.

Mich P

Hey hey
well done jaysq
those McMaster-carr
are very close !
a bit expensive
but when you like ...
Mich P.

The Tone God

I always thought the washers from Carling for their footswitches were pretty tight diameter wise.

Andrew