Bobtavia w/ Spinal Tap How To

Started by Johnnie D., June 23, 2009, 01:34:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnnie D.

Hey Cool Cats!,
Just incase anyone is interested.
I made the Bobtavia a while back and added the Spinal Tap mod and couldn't figure out how to use it.

Today I came across directions to use the mod.

You use different pickup combinations and adjust the tone control.
I tried it with my guitar with 2 Duncan Humbucker type pickups and got some pretty cool effects.
I had to turn the gain on the pedal almost all the way up then put the pickup switch in the center position and bend a string up while turning the tone up and down starting at 2 going to 3 or 4.
I have to go to work now but tomorrow I will experiment with it and tell you what I find.
If anyone else has anything about this, I would love to have you share it.

Johnnie D.

Got up early to try my Bobtavia with Spinal Tap Mod out and I think it is pretty cool.
I tried some things with my Strat with 3 pickups and found the 2 and 4 positions are good.
In the 2 position and with tone at 5 or 6, I am getting a cool raunchy kind of sound.
There seems to be infinite possibilities but the noise is there when your not playing.
I am looking for effects that sound like a synthesizer or something.
Maybe I really don't know what I'm looking for. LOL!
Something Pink Floyd might use to make some cool sounds with.
Does anyone know of any like this?
I think i will build a Jawari because it will probably sound good with other pedals.
ROCK ON BROTHERS AND SISTERS!

petemoore

Bob sounds painful when recieving a Spinal Tap..eh ?
  Cool circuit !
  Something for "Floyd-ing-out"...hard to say there..you'll need some kind of reverb, if you can't come by an Echorec [tape echo/preamp thing] a standard or fancy echo box may suit the need [I got an Echo Park...does great to whacky echoes, I think].
  Besides all the standard stuff [Wah, phasers etc.] something very 'lo-fi', to make you or your guitar sound like a 60's era English payphone may be in order.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Johnnie D.

I LOVE IT!
I'm going to try your echo if I can find it.
Maybe I could put a speaker in a tin can or something for an original sound. LOL!
I really appreciate you, man!

gez

Speaking of Spinal Tap:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00l9skv/Back_from_the_Dead_The_Return_of_Spinal_Tap/

One hour, recent interview.  Get it while you can as it'll only be up for a few days (real player plugin required - may have to reboot after installation and it doesn't work very well with some browsers).

And this post is electronics/stompbox related: Tufnel's amp goes up to infinity now (the dial just keeps going round and round) and he's also invented the 'Amp Capo'...don't ask!
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter