Feedback Looper/FX Oscillator: FINISHED!

Started by johnnysomersett, July 30, 2009, 05:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

earthtonesaudio

Quote from: frokost on July 31, 2009, 03:40:28 PM
One tip: Just connect the return jack and out jack to eachother, and run one wire from there to the middle lug of the switch.

But then where would you plug in the amp?   ;)

frokost

johnnysomersett

Sod the 'waste' of a DC jack...batteries are bad for the environment.

There ma be a way to streamline it even more but I think the 7(?) wires are simple enough! lol

darron

looks simple and effective. why is it called an oscillator?
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

thereverend

Quote from: johnnysomersett on July 31, 2009, 04:21:51 PM
Sod the 'waste' of a DC jack...batteries are bad for the environment.

There ma be a way to streamline it even more but I think the 7(?) wires are simple enough! lol

yeah they are. but so is the stuff solder is made of. i'm more concerned about the practicability of wasting a dc connection on something that can be powered easily by a 9v; a 9v that would last for quite a while since the only thing drawing power from it is an led.
it's not a BURST BOX  it's a circuit box with burst button...

earthtonesaudio

Batteries are still disposable, unless you get rechargeables.  But even those add at least one additional energy conversion, which makes rechargeables, in the long run, still worse for the environment than an adapter.  Even if you figure the higher environmental cost of materials, extra connections, and shipping for each additional part, in the long run it still wins over batteries.  Picture the trash heap comparison after 1000 years of use: on one side, a mountain of batteries, on the other, a DC jack and a couple pounds of carbon.    :icon_eek:
You could of course make the counter-argument about the useful life of the effect, how many batteries would have been used, and how that weighs against the environmental cost of the adapter and the extra hole drilled... but it is possible to take things too far.  If you're still reading this, I'm sure you'll agree!

lama00

Hello,

I know it's an old topic but I'd like to know somethig:

Where's connected the expression jack in the layout?

I don't understand...

Can anybody help me?

aishabag23

Quote from: lama00 on June 15, 2010, 06:45:37 AM
Hello,

I know it's an old topic but I'd like to know somethig:

Where's connected the expression jack in the layout?

I don't understand...

Can anybody help me?

I would also love to know (even though this thread is old)...

Chrisfromiowa

There is a Nose feedback looper for sale on Reverb that looks like it uses this exact circuit. So did the OP get off his butt or was it independent development. I've been wondering if I could only use an expression pedal and just leave the pot out of it. Guess I'll have to give it a try. Thanks
Better a live dog than a dead king.....
PKD