Blues Pro Overdrive Pedal schematic

Started by served, January 31, 2010, 05:49:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

served

Hey!

I have to make a Mi-audio Blues Pro Overdrive Pedal clone.
I just like it so much, but could some one tell me where I could get a schematic for it? Or what kind of overdrive schematic solution it copies?

Thanks!

aron

I'm guessing but it sounds very much like a modded Tube Screamer. A little more bass, smoother highs maybe. That one is pretty low cost, not a bad purchase since it does sound good with certain amps (hint: Carr amp)

kupervaser

served

Hey! Thats awsome!

Thanks! I Will deffenetly build this one!

aron

WOW, I guess I was right. Look at the schematic!

served

So, its a Tubescreamer. So I am guessing that that OD-Fuzz swich swiches between different Clipping Diodes? Does any one know what is swiched?

Ok I got it. One diode is swiched out and in. Thats the case.

JHS

Soundwise the BP has a TS-type tone with more bass, output and a bit softer distortion.
From a technical view it's similar to the old Barber Tonepump 1.

The posted schem differs a bit from mine.

In normal mode both diodes are aktive and the RC-network on the first stage is 1K/220n.
In fuzz mode one diode is lifted from the circuit via switch. Furthermore the 22uF in the RC-network is switched in parallel with the 220n cap.

JHS

wampcat1

honestly, I don't see that as a tubescreamer. maybe a similar sound, but everything else is totally different other than the fact they both use opamps.

Brymus

Quote from: JHS on February 01, 2010, 08:50:50 AM
Soundwise the BP has a TS-type tone with more bass, output and a bit softer distortion.
From a technical view it's similar to the old Barber Tonepump 1.

The posted schem differs a bit from mine.

In normal mode both diodes are aktive and the RC-network on the first stage is 1K/220n.
In fuzz mode one diode is lifted from the circuit via switch. Furthermore the 22uF in the RC-network is switched in parallel with the 220n cap.

JHS

Does that mean there is a switch,diode ,and 220n cap missing from the above schematic ?
Cause switching just one of the two diodes out wouldnt sound too great I wouldnt think.
Can you post yours so I can understand a little better what happens with the switch ? thanks
I'm no EE or even a tech,just a monkey with a soldering iron that can read,and follow instructions. ;D
My now defunct band http://www.facebook.com/TheZedLeppelinExperience

Tonemonger

Hey Served ! -How did You get on with this ?
I knocked one up because I'd never heard one before ( despite being Australian !) and, I was also intrigued by the tone control.
Is it supposed to be a Gargantuan,wildly oscillating ,molten larva fuzz or is that just me ?
Not quite what I expected !
I just wired it up in fuzz mode 'cos I was impatient and I did'nt add the extra cap which I would assume would make it even more umm...Tubby?
Definately a breadboard tweaker - I just dove straight in as my boards are full right now.

aron

This pedal sounds like a tube screamer with more
bass. It sounds nice.

Tonemonger

O.K. so I just went and chopped the diodes out and had alligator clips flying everywhere and it's got WAY more bottom end than a TS - More than a TS with a fatmod and still super saturated and kind of fuzzy.
I wish I could hear a factory model But, they don't have a distributor on my little island ( yet !).

michael_ibrahim

I'd love to find a retailer in Tassie if I could,... just as an excuse to travel there! Man I love that place. Any suggestions?

Tonemonger

served

So I built it.
But its not working.

The voltages are.

4,8V
4,2V
2,1V
0V
4,2V
1,7V
7,7V
8,4V

I tested it with audio probe. And I get really wierd pops and hiss from pin 1 and pin 2. Pin 3 is giving Ok guitar sound. So any suggestions? I think the problem is there?

Mybe I used some bad components. I really dont know whats wrong with it. I have checked all the components twice. Pot wiring is ok. Everything seems to be ok.

The sound I get from pin 1 and 2 is the same I get from the output. Opamp should be fine, I changed it and the same thing is happening. If you could spot any wierd voltages, let me know.
1 thing I can say more, is that the sound I get is not constant hiss. It pops and crackles, nothing changes when I touch the components, so there souldnot be any cold points.

zambo

Sorry to be such a newb. I have only built a valvecaster varients and big daddy from runoffgroove. What does the red and white square with the red dot in the middle mean? I can only guess it means cut the vero board trace at that point?
I wonder what happens if I .......

served

zambo

I wonder what happens if I .......

served

And I am not getting anysound on the veroboard version also. I guess I have a broken component then. Thats bad!

served

If I disconnected C9 from veroboard, I got sound for 3 sec and then it fades. I wonder, why is that?
Now if I disconnected the diodes. I get more sound, but not much longer.