I think we should start a "hand painted" thread

Started by MikeH, March 08, 2010, 12:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeH

I've been getting into hand painting my builds lately, and I know there are a lot of very cool hand painted pedals out there by fellow forumites.  Let's see them- Here's my latest.

It's a Guv'nor and DOD 280 compressor in one
"Sounds like a Fab Metal to me." -DougH

Fishface

arma61

"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

MikeH

Quote from: Fishface on March 08, 2010, 03:44:16 PM
What was the inspiration for the design?  :)

I saw another hand painted pedal somewhere that had a rising sun in the background and I really liked it.  I just kind of went from there.

Quote from: arma61 on March 08, 2010, 04:15:06 PM
Hi

Have you seen these

Armando

Ahhh... I thought there was one started somewhere.  I guess Aron didn't move it when he set up this sub forum.

bancika

The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

joegagan

that guitar is really pretty! :icon_mrgreen: :icojavascript:void(0);n_biggrin: ;D :)
my life is a tribute to the the great men and women who held this country together when the world was in trouble. my debt cannot be repaid, but i will do my best.

jmwreck

well, here's my booster, ive posted it a couple of times already, enjoy!

MikeH

Quote from: MikeH on March 08, 2010, 10:48:35 PM

I saw another hand painted pedal somewhere that had a rising sun in the background and I really liked it.  I just kind of went from there.

Ha ha!  That's the one I was talking about!  It's seriously sweet.  I think I saw it on a different forum?  What sort of paint did you use?

jmwreck

Quote from: MikeH on April 07, 2010, 09:57:39 PM
Quote from: MikeH on March 08, 2010, 10:48:35 PM

Ha ha!  That's the one I was talking about!  It's seriously sweet.  I think I saw it on a different forum?  What sort of paint did you use?

hope you believe me in thisL  I've painted it with watercolors, but it wont work, and fortunately I have some colored markers, and it did the job! but I've painted it with clearcoat paint to preserve the colorings!   ;D ;D

MikeH

I've been using Testors, but I have to wonder if ordinary acrylic paints with a healthy dose of clear coat would work better.  Testors are definitely a "Paint by number" kind of paint; it's very difficult (if not impossible) to get nice texture, shading, or any kind of gradient going with them.

tasos

this is my lovely pedal....isn"t it lovely?[no it is terryfying! :icon_razz:] hhehe

arawn

the trick with testors is getting the consistency right, you generallly have to thin them some to get them to go om well.
"Consistency is the Hobgoblin of Small Minds!"

Gus Smalley clean boost, Whisker biscuit, Professor Tweed, Ruby w/bassman Mods, Dan Armstrong Orange Squeezer, Zvex SHO, ROG Mayqueen, Fetzer Valve, ROG UNO, LPB1, Blue Magic

nordine

Quote from: tasos on February 21, 2011, 03:07:42 PM
Quote from: nordine on February 21, 2011, 12:13:32 PM
Here

amazing~!!!!!don't forget to spray with laquer....this must stay on forever! :icon_razz:

why thank you! hehe

now let me tell you something about lacquer, see this:

its already lacquered
since i was soo excited about it being finished fast, i sprayed a lot of lacquer to it. the top stayed the same, but the sides, oh boy, i drew so much stuff on it, very tiny stuff and details (people, little animals, fur and what not) ...but when i threw all that lacquer on it, i saw how all the drawing (and painting) MELTED on my very eyes... but that only served to motivate me to do much more of this, i also do like how it looks

fredy

Jmwreck that is amazing! infact it inspired me to hand paint my neovibe:

It's supposed to be base on hendrix's montery pop strat. Its not perfect and full of hand made charm but i'm pretty happy with it considering its my first build.

Yorick

That is really nice! :o Especially since it's your first build!

fredy

:D Thank you! This site is such a great resource that is was fairly straight foward to build; kudos to everyone involved with this site!

ugly_guitar_guy

Well, my painting skills don't go much further than "point and spray" so I had my wife whip up this little piece of artwork on my "Mini Mastodon" bass fuzz pedal.

I've got her working on a couple more now as well. Much better than the sad stick figures that I draw....

Check out my metal band here: www.facebook.com/hollowshell
or
my personal effects building page here: www.facebook.com/brotronics