To you it probably looks like a piece of crap on a breadboard...

Started by Hides-His-Eyes, March 30, 2010, 07:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hides-His-Eyes

...The sort of thing you guys could knock out on a piece of perf and have housed in a 1590A before I even got this working...

...But to me it's MY piece of crap on a breadboard and it's the first circuit i've built completely from scratch, debugged and had working into my amp :) :) :)

Bazz Fuss with a single resistor exactly what it says on the schem, everything else just stuff i had around ;) I have to say next time I'm making a circuit and I see "**** transistor" or "**** signal diode" I'm just going to stick in a BC108 and a 1N4148 and roll with it.

robertreynisson

Talon5051

Quoteit's the first circuit i've built completely from scratch, debugged and had working into my amp

It is a great feeling isn't it?

Boogdish

Given the title, I was expecting this to be about people's pets getting onto their workbenches and leaving surprises for them.  This is much better.  Congrats on completing your circuit.

rousejeremy

Consistency is a worthy adversary

www.jeremyrouse.weebly.com

glops

Congrats on getting it to work!  When I first tried a circuit on a bread board it was nerve racking and when it didn't make a sound I felt like a dummy.  Very frustrating.  How could it be so hard?!  What really helped me was the tutorial on the Beavis audio site.  Since then I build everything on a b board first and experiment with values till I am satisfied or sick with fiddling with it.  

Now that you are done with the B Fuss, the sky is the limit.  I built a prototyping board shown below.  The circuit is the Ampeg Scrambler, I breaded this one 5 or 6 times before getting it to work at all!  As of yesterday, it fires up!  

And here's a Shin-Ei Companion Fuzz with the Mid Scoop mod and a booster...

Hides-His-Eyes

Last night i got a fuzz face working nice :)

The great thing about breadboard is you can build a circuit you wouldn't necessarily want to use an enclosure on, feel good about making it work, and then move on :)

AudioMime

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
AUDIO MIME
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Quote from: rousejeremy
Stick the Tremulus Lune in a Feedback Loop and your neighbors will call the cops on you. Which will be awesome.

humptydumpty

mikemaddux

Completed Builds: A lot...