DIY power supply for pedal board

Started by philbinator1, April 17, 2010, 06:10:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amptramp

If you run the two input windings in parallel, the transformer will only be rated for a 115 VAC input.  It will blow the fuse if you plug it into 220 VAC.

The 229C24 should work.

I would not use a 1/8 fuse as it can only allow 27.5 watts and if you are planning on a pair of 1-amp outputs, that is 18 watts output and 25.2 watts ahead of the regulators.  But that is not the only problem.  The 7809 current limits at about 1.5 amps, so this will result in 27 watts at the output and you still have the losses of the diode bridge and regulators as well as the inrush current to charge the filter capacitors.  I am not certain a 1/4 amp fuse would even do the trick.  I guess the question is, what are you trying to protect with the fuse?  The power lines can take more than 1/4 amp.  The only thing that really needs protection is the power supply itself, so maybe the protection should be sized for the short-term overcurrent rating of the transformer.  Some enterprising people use a lamp in series with the input for testing.  If all is well, the lamp is at too low a current to light.  If something shorts, the lamp goes on and tells you there is a problem but limits the current itself.  This could be incorporated permanently.

tempus

pantufla

thanks alot but I want to create somthing small, maybe fit in a hammond 1590S.

any way I gnona make anthor scheme to clarify some conection and finally once i built it I goin to post it here.