"Sonic Death Ray" Phaser - a phase insurrection!

Started by frequencycentral, June 04, 2010, 11:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr_deadmaxxx

@mark hammer

do you have a copy of those image files for sonic death ray?
some images in this thread has been removed by photobucket.

Mark Hammer

I would imagine the best person to ask is Rick Holt himself.

frequencycentral

Quote from: mr_deadmaxxx on January 11, 2012, 10:27:36 PM
i wanted to make this but it would seem that some of the images necessary to create this has been deleted by photobucket.e.g..the layouts and all.

it would be nice if frequency central could reload those images...thanks..

I've recently had a bad experience with a forum member supplying a clone of one of my designs to one of my distributors. Which led me to the decision to limit the amount of information I share on some of my designs which put food on my table and a roof over my head. This affects only a very small proportion of my published work on DIYSB, but SDR is one (Gemini is another). Sad situation to have to be in.......... :(
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

mr_deadmaxxx

I understand your point.    

mr_deadmaxxx

Guess I'll go with Casuality 4. No Fets to match.
Can I incorporate SDR's Parity mod board http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=84968.60 to the Casuality 4?

Jazznoise

Quote from: frequencycentral on January 12, 2012, 06:52:09 PM
Quote from: mr_deadmaxxx on January 11, 2012, 10:27:36 PM
i wanted to make this but it would seem that some of the images necessary to create this has been deleted by photobucket.e.g..the layouts and all.

it would be nice if frequency central could reload those images...thanks..

I've recently had a bad experience with a forum member supplying a clone of one of my designs to one of my distributors. Which led me to the decision to limit the amount of information I share on some of my designs which put food on my table and a roof over my head. This affects only a very small proportion of my published work on DIYSB, but SDR is one (Gemini is another). Sad situation to have to be in.......... :(

Really sorry to hear that, this sort of dishonesty on whomever's behalf really backfires on both the person themselves aswell as the whole community as people inevitably can't disclose their designs for fear of plagiarism/ undercutting. Your approach to feedback stages is really cool, I may even implement parity modulation at some point, but growing from the knowledge of the builders around me would be, to me, clearly profitable in the long run than simply sniffing around for designs to steal until the community grows wary and stops sharing.

Whoever does this should change their username to Scorpion And The Frog!
Expressway To Yr Null

bluebunny

Quote from: frequencycentral on January 12, 2012, 06:52:09 PM

That is indeed a sad situation.  Guys like you are contributing so much (I have at least five FC projects at various stages in my pipeline - thank you  :)), and some selfish tw@t just spoils the whole show.  I hope we still get to see more of your cracking designs in the future Rick, though you're absolutely right to want to protect your livelihood.  I would.
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Ben N

Rick/anyone: I wonder if the schematic may be had privately, by email? I almost certainly wont be building it, and have no intention of sharing--just interested in seeing it, maybe learning something. If, not, hey, 'scool, protect your own IP as you see fit and you don't owe me anything, but seeing as the participants of this thread do have it, I fugured no harm in asking. Feel free to reply by PM, if preferred.

Ben
  • SUPPORTER