Calling R.G. and others!.... Variable Stuttering Pedal version 3 using LED/LDR?

Started by alparent, November 29, 2010, 09:41:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alparent

I'm planning on building R.G.'s Variable Stuttering Pedal.........While I was looking at the Tiny Tremolo using a 555 and LED/LDR to cut the signal. Then I tought.....why not use this LED/LDR setup to do a stuttering pedal. Then I said to myself OK how! Better post this and get knowledgeable people to help.

Dose it make any sense?
Is it a good/bad idea?
Educate me!

alparent

I don't like to bump posts but I got nothing on this post?

If it's too stupid of an idea at lease tell me.

Or just a........nobody cares.........go back in your hole.

Perrow

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a stutter pedal is basically a momentary switch to break the signal chain.

And you propose to build a pedal with a momentary switch, led and ldr to do the same thing?  ???

Seems to me that you'd be shelling out for two extra components with no gain.
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

slacker

R.G.'s stutter pedal is like a square wave tremolo pedal but with variable duty cycle, so you can vary the on/off time as well as the speed.
The tiny tremolo pedal is a square wave tremolo pedal so they're basically the same thing, if you google for 555 timer  you should find examples of how vary the duty cycle to make it like the stutter pedal. Or you could use the LFO off R.G.'s pedal to drive a LED/LDR.

alparent

Quote from: slacker on November 30, 2010, 01:53:54 PM
R.G.'s stutter pedal is like a square wave tremolo pedal but with variable duty cycle, so you can vary the on/off time as well as the speed.
The tiny tremolo pedal is a square wave tremolo pedal so they're basically the same thing, if you google for 555 timer  you should find examples of how vary the duty cycle to make it like the stutter pedal. Or you could use the LFO off R.G.'s pedal to drive a LED/LDR.

Yes, yes, yes.......this is what I'm talking about.  :icon_biggrin: