How do I post Pics? Please help

Started by Glazzman4, February 21, 2011, 07:45:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glazzman4

I am in need of some simple advice but need to post pics of the pedal and cannot figure out how.
Do I have to post the pics online somewhere and then put a link to the pics. That seems Like a lot
of extra work just to put three images on a post.
thanks everyone

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: Glazzman4 on February 21, 2011, 07:45:53 PM
Do I have to post the pics online somewhere and then put a link to the pics.

Yes!

Quote from: Glazzman4 on February 21, 2011, 07:45:53 PM
That seems Like a lot of extra work just to put three images on a post.

No... not really.  :icon_rolleyes:
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Glazzman4

thanks mucho,
still seems like you should just be able to attach a photo like an email.
I feel like I'm missing something
but thanks for the info

jacobyjd

The problem with photos on the web is that they have to be hosted somewhere. If I attach a photo to an email using my gmail account, Google stores it in my account. That's no problem for them since they have storage space to burn. However, if this site used an attachment system, the site itself would have to host the photos, meaning they'd be an additional bandwidth burden on Aron.

So, since this forum is ad-free, and donations aren't really solicited (it sounds like the store is the only real support for the site besides Aron's personal funds), photos must be hosted somewhere else.

Now, as for where to host them, I really like www.imgur.com. It's simple, easy to use, and it works well. Upload your pics there, then copy the links into your post, along with tags using the photo button:
Warsaw, Indiana's poetic love rock band: http://www.bellwethermusic.net