Slackers loop wiring

Started by DonB, June 06, 2011, 07:44:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slacker

Looks good Armando. It acts like a buffer so it shouldn't cause tone sucking or really change the sound at all, it inverters the phase of the signal though, but most of the time that doesn't matter.

arma61

Quote from: slacker on June 12, 2011, 08:28:13 AM
Looks good Armando. It acts like a buffer so it shouldn't cause tone sucking or really change the sound at all, it inverters the phase of the signal though, but most of the time that doesn't matter.

Great! thx

I was asked to build something like that by a friend of mine, he's using a Behringer delay pedal that, he says, is sucking a lot of tone, I've suggest to TB it, but he needs the tails of the delay (FooFighters and whatelse), so look like this is the right solution for him.

Thx for it, Slacker!!

"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

DonB

@Arma61

I would love to get the file from you when done. Then i can get a few made.
Its a great circuit.

arma61

Here you go m8!

please note they are not verified, though nodes are checked.

ExpressSCH .sch file

ExpressPCB .PCB file

I did also a 1590A layout, this is just the layout for the PCB made without any planning of this small enclosure, so may be this isn't going to fit inside.

ExpressPCB .PCB file 1590A

"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

GuitarTek86

this is great guys! I'm really pumped to try this out. let me know if the pcb version is a go. I might end up making several of these for some friends and I'd love to get some PCBs made. would anyone here be interested in making some and selling them to me once it's verified? not even sure where I would go to get them printed...

DonB

GuitarTek86

does anyone have the list of what codes are what values? (if C1 is???) I'm guessing it's in the image that won't display for me (first post)

DonB

Here you go:

R1 - 1M
R2 - 10K
R3 - 10K
R4 - 100K
R5 - 47K
R6 - 10K
R7 - 1K
R8 - 1K
R9 - 47K
R10 - 47K
R11 - 47K

C1 - 10uF
C2 - 10uF
C3 - 100nF
C4 - 100nF
C5 - 10uF
C6 - 10uF

Here is the vero:

arma61

Quote from: slacker on June 12, 2011, 08:28:13 AM

Slackers, does this mean one can connect the Sent to the In of, say a Rebote fx, and the Return to the Rebote Out and have a ''simple echo fx with tail''?, that would be marvelous... and you should copyright your idea !  ;););)  !  ;)

slacker

Yeah, that's exactly what this is for, it lets you add tails to any delay.

arma61

That's great!!

really cool idea... thx for sharing it!!

....mmm close to weekend so.... it's time to get at least one board etched (and I'm doing that the old way.... drawing it by hand!) to verify my layout !

ciao

GuitarTek86

Thanks Don!

Arma, keep us posted on how it goes for ya and thanks for sharing the files! there is a very good chance I'll order several of these up once it's verified.

arma61

I will, hopefully it'll be up and running by the weekend !

btw, here it is.... almost completed (need few touch up here and there), and ready to take an acid bath!!  :icon_mrgreen:  :icon_mrgreen:

slacker

Looks good, hope it works out.

I've just finished building one

arma61

Nice job Slacker! (and I saw the "tm" sign on th Pictures thread!  :D  :D )

arma61

Hi m8s

good news!  layout is verified , built and working!!

here it is, build it and enjoy it!!!

slacker

Very nice, I like how it's all mounted to the switch.

DonB

Those look great guys...

I will build another one very soon.

GuitarTek86

Just finished mine! This is my first non-kit active circuit pedal. I'm happy! works like a charm! decided to go with a slider style switch for something different.

GuitarTek86

also, to anyone going by DonB's parts list, C1 should be a 10nf not 10uf.