using wah inductor as a feedback helper? just leave off the feet and bottom!

Started by joegagan, September 17, 2011, 10:06:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joegagan

" hey mom!!! what's for dinner? "( cut to mom cookin on a halfstack with the red /white checkered apron ):

"feedbacker helper!"

my life is a tribute to the the great men and women who held this country together when the world was in trouble. my debt cannot be repaid, but i will do my best.

joegagan

my life is a tribute to the the great men and women who held this country together when the world was in trouble. my debt cannot be repaid, but i will do my best.

John Lyons

Cool. (maybe) With the feet off you get the floor vibration causing the inductor/wah shell + board/inductor lower mid frequency
coupled feedback (acoustic) as well as the wah's resonant frequency electrically?? Either way =  :icon_biggrin:
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Govmnt_Lacky

Sounded great!

Glad that Tonebender is workin' out for ya!

Also glad to be part of your stretching of the tone boundaries!!  8)
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

joegagan

thanks guys. john, not mentioned in the above text. i did a little test by moving the wah 5 feet to the left and playing it the same. it definitely had a resonant microphonic thing happening when in front of the amp that wasn't there when it wasn't. the wood floor may be part of it as well.

you can hear it at 1:26, there is a resonant freq.

John Lyons

Ok, Joe.So you're working on a small speaker motor and drive amp
to achieve this effect anywhere then, right?  :D
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

joegagan