News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

boss o-d 1

Started by donald stringer, August 22, 2003, 06:00:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donald stringer

I just bought one the other day for 25.00, good buy yes no maybe. :D its been a long time since I bought a commercial pedal but since its my birthday I figure, why not. Isnt this the one that there are some mods posted somewhere for or maybe I should leave this one alone.
troublerat

Arn C.

There is a mod for the DS-1,  not sure about the OD-1
Arn C.

Ed G.

Leave it alone. It is becoming collectible. You got a good deal, they are going for about $100. I've seen some advertised for $200 but that's a bit ludicrous.

jsleep

Yeah, don't mess with it, it's got a reputation for being one of the Holy Grails of Boss pedals!  If it's in good condition, you can probably get ten time what you paid for it (in the right market place).  Keeping it is not a bad idea either.  I have an OD-3 that sounds pretty good stock, I'm sure the OD-1 is as good or better sounding.

JD
For great Stompbox projects visit http://www.generalguitargadgets.com

Rodgre

Well the OD-1 is a pretty cool pedal, in my opinion, but side-by-side, i will still prefer a Super Over Drive to it. I'm not certain whether the OD-1 is a TS circuit without the tone control or not. It's a subtle drive, that's for sure.

Mine is reportedly an early one with an LED that only lights up WHEN you depress the swtich, but doesn't stay on when it's on. Kind of a weird design, if you ask me.

Roger

cd

Quote from: RodgreI'm not certain whether the OD-1 is a TS circuit without the tone control or not. It's a subtle drive, that's for sure.

That's basically the case.  It's exactly like an SD-1 except the second opamp stage is a fixed frequency stage (no tone control.)