**The DIYStompboxes 10-Year Anniversary Contest Thread**

Started by midwayfair, May 22, 2013, 03:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemmel

Wow. 17 great pedals. Congratulations to all !
I'm a bit jealous ! Maybe next year I'll have gained enough experience to compete.
Bââââ.

midwayfair

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on September 05, 2013, 11:49:56 AM
My interpretation of what is going on right now...

Good Luck to ALL!!  :icon_cool:

crap, I'm the girl, aren't I? :(
My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: midwayfair on September 05, 2013, 01:30:06 PM
crap, I'm the girl, aren't I? :(

Better yet... Who is the old man?  :-X

Any progress on final decisions Jon?
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

midwayfair

My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

jkokura

reading those scores like 9.5, 8.9, and 9.6...

Looking forward to the results. Not just because I want to place, but because I think there are some amazing builds in this list and they deserve to be recognized for the feats they are.

Jacob

thofmann

DIY-PCBs and projects:

pinkjimiphoton

• SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

Jdansti

Quote from: pinkjimiphoton on September 05, 2013, 03:00:11 PM
oh no, not the hanging chad!!! ;)

I think we're safe since Broward County isn't involved.   ;D

Edit: ...and I'd prefer to not have to hang any Chads. ;)
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

pinkjimiphoton

• SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

seedlings

Vallhagen

I just have to apologize for not commenting the last pedals... ive been stuck with bad / poor internet for about a week (out of country w work), i cant listen.. but the latest posted pedals looks really great:) Ill be back with a verdict... before or after judgement day!

Cheers

tubegeek

That cartoon says 9.5, 8.9, 9.6, man! Pretty good scores!
"The first four times, we figured it was an isolated incident." - Angry Pete

"(Chassis is not a magic garbage dump.)" - PRR

Vallhagen

Quote from: pakrat on August 31, 2013, 01:34:28 PM
After many marathon building sessions, I have completed my entry..... finally!

Name of entrant: pakrat
Pedal name: Mad Clone

Ah, finally back with a puter and a pair of decent headphones:) ... watching vid as i type. A mad fx thing this. very versatile. Did you paint the pcb Yellow too:) ? Or do they come in that color? Fantastic job!

Cheerio!

Vallhagen

Quote from: pinkjimiphoton on August 31, 2013, 06:49:17 PM
edit 2:

hi guys,

entrant: pink jimi photon
pedal name: photonic juergulator (yerg you later)

Hey mr Jimi. That is one of those pedals that... makes you a better guitarrplayah! pürculatë ftw! I need to build one. Really. Yep. 10:20 and ahead... makes me Yell too! Yeyahh! Now im gonna view the rest of the vid.

Cheers!

Vallhagen

Quote from: jkokura on August 31, 2013, 08:44:32 PM

Name of entrant: jkokura
Pedal name: Ezekiel 37

Yea, one more of your great jobs. Brilliant work, inside out. Boneyard is a great effect, and your take on it is no exception:)

Cheers!

Quote from: jkokura
Name of entrant: jkokura
Pedal name: Zeropoint Delay

Google tranlslate gave me the word "impeccable", i thought it suits here:)

Cheers

Vallhagen

Quote from: GGBB on August 31, 2013, 09:56:22 PM
Entrant: GGBB/Gord
Pedal: Orange Smoothie Compressor

Yea, this is really a truely great useful box. Gotta be one of your workhorses allready, after this (few ) week(s)? Great job. And its orange!

Cheerio!

pinkjimiphoton

Quote from: Vallhagen on September 07, 2013, 04:30:32 PM
Quote from: pinkjimiphoton on August 31, 2013, 06:49:17 PM
edit 2:

hi guys,

entrant: pink jimi photon
pedal name: photonic juergulator (yerg you later)

Hey mr Jimi. That is one of those pedals that... makes you a better guitarrplayah! pürculatë ftw! I need to build one. Really. Yep. 10:20 and ahead... makes me Yell too! Yeyahh! Now im gonna view the rest of the vid.

Cheers!

thanks so much valhagen!!

dude... it is WAY WAY better sounding than in the video... that's thru a dano hodad. i just had a friend come over, and we played it thru my princeton. it is SICK. octave up AND down. simultaneously. that simple percolator control doodad makes it nite and day.

sadly, i no longer have the juergulator. my friend loved it so much he traded me a mid 70's epiphone coronet FOR JUST THE JUERGULATOR!!!!!

:icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

so i guess it's better than i thought.... now i have to build another one.

i also traded off my spare echoplex ep3 for a beautifully tigerstriped original (gibson made)epi  les paul standard..... and a few other toys (colorsound overdriver and a rotovibe i got broken for cheap) netted me a cheap ass yamaha i've been in love with for years... one of my old guitars from 1991 came home today, after making the circuit thru new england for 20 some years.

you kind words put the icing on the cake, this is a great day for me, and i thank you.... and everyone for putting up with my uneducated surly @$$!!!

;)

indeed, build a juergulator. it is the best harmonic perc i've played yet, and i've built every version posted on the net. THIS is the one.
(i know that sounds arrogant, and i'm sorry... but damn, dudes, you gotta try it!!) :icon_mrgreen:
  • SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

pakrat

Quote from: Vallhagen on September 07, 2013, 04:17:31 PM
Quote from: pakrat on August 31, 2013, 01:34:28 PM
After many marathon building sessions, I have completed my entry..... finally!

Name of entrant: pakrat
Pedal name: Mad Clone

Ah, finally back with a puter and a pair of decent headphones:) ... watching vid as i type. A mad fx thing this. very versatile. Did you paint the pcb Yellow too:) ? Or do they come in that color? Fantastic job!

Cheerio!

Thanks Bengt! I painted the pcb with high heat yellow engine paint. I hope I need it in the future or it cost me $18 just to make one board yellow  ::)

moosapotamus

Damn! I've been lovin' this contest thread and just gotta say congratulations to everyone who posted an entry. Truly beautiful stuff, everyone!
I gotta get in on one of these contest thingies one of these days. 8)

~ Charlie
moosapotamus.net
"I tend to like anything that I think sounds good."

Mustachio

Really amazing work everyone did! Really hard to judge such a contest , Wasn't a bad one in the bunch!

Results should be in soon!  :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek:
"Hhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg"