**The DIYStompboxes 10-Year Anniversary Contest Thread**

Started by midwayfair, May 22, 2013, 03:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GGBB

Quote from: midwayfair on September 11, 2013, 12:01:46 PM
Shoot, we did forget that we included that rule!

Ladies and Gentlemen, your ninth place winner is actually:
~arph, for his Sentinal!

Congrats, ~arph!

Well deserved!  That was one of my faves.
  • SUPPORTER

jkokura

Congrats everyone! I was super stoked to see all the awesome stuff people built for this, and I'm not even surprised that I lost! Looking forward to what comes next.

Jacob

~arph

Quote from: midwayfair on September 11, 2013, 12:01:46 PM
Quote from: jkokura on September 11, 2013, 11:50:49 AM
Quote from: Liquitone on September 11, 2013, 11:44:59 AM
I was under the impression only 1 of my 2 builds entered could win a prize, so I will happily pass on my 9th place to the next in line.

Yeah I thought that too.

Jacob

Shoot, we did forget that we included that rule!

Ladies and Gentlemen, your ninth place winner is actually:
~arph, for his Sentinal!

Congrats, ~arph!

Oh wow! Did not see that one coming. Thanks guys! And thanks Kay ( dank je! ) it was a lot of fun participating, all entries were fantastic!

slacker

Quote from: midwayfair on September 11, 2013, 08:27:28 AM
The good news is, Mr. Danna here came up with a way to (we hope) put the missing prize to really good use.

I think you guys will like what they have planned for it.

garcho

QuoteI think you guys will like what they have planned for it.

Give it to Urs?    :P

Sorry, couldn't help it.
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

haveyouseenhim

• SUPPORTER
http://www.youtube.com/haveyouseenhim89

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms.

Jdansti

Please standby for an important announcement...

We ask for a temporary halt to posts as this announcement is typed up...

We will return to our regularly scheduled program shortly...

Thank you for your cooperation...
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

Jdansti

****IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT****

Well the cat's out of the bag!!! Or maybe I should say that great minds think alike!  ;)

Ian (whose inappropriate handle is "slacker") has generously offered the FV-1 kit to none other than Urs [Edit: Urs = "Haddock"], the winner of the 1000 Posts/End of the World competition. As most of you know, Urs won that competition and never received his prize. (For those who don't know about it, go here: http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=96870.0).

The prize is NOT IN LIEU of receiving his "'end of the world' themed Sonic Death Ray 14 stage phase shifter, enclosure etched by Slade, pedal built by frequencycentral......"    This prize has been awarded because Urs has been a good sport about not receiving anything since he learned that he was the winner on September 10, 2012, exactly 366 days ago. It's been a year and a day since he won the contest and has never bitched, complained, or uttered a negative word about the folks who were paid to provide his prize. (BTW, thanks to Rob DEADASTRONAUT, who stepped in and etched the enclosure for the unfinished prize.)

Urs, we hope this helps with the fact that you haven't received your prize. Thanks for being a great guy about it all!  Please PM slacker with your address so he can send the FV-1 kit to you, and congratulations!!!

BTW-In order to keep this thread pure of negative, upset, pissed off posts about the 1000 Competition, please direct any negative, upset, pissed off posts to the 1000 Competition thread. ;)

Edit: Urs has been PM'd to check this announcement".
Edit:  I've forgotten my manners; thank you Ian!
  • SUPPORTER

GGBB

That's about as good as it gets - nicely done guys.   :)
  • SUPPORTER

pickdropper

I agree.  Fantastic idea.  It's nice to see Urs get something.  Well deserved.

jkokura

Also agreed. Also, happy anniversary Urs! I think it would be awesome to plan for another Contest to finish next summer (not that it has to be the next one) just to keep a tradition of a yearly/annual contest!

And because it's only polite, I'm also volunteering to be a part of the planning and executing team making the next contest happen. I'll happily take applications for that. Anyone who wants in, I think my limit will be 2 plus me on making it happen/arranging for judges.

Jacob

haveyouseenhim

Quote from: jkokura on September 12, 2013, 12:32:48 AM
And because it's only polite, I'm also volunteering to be a part of the planning and executing team making the next contest happen. I'll happily take applications for that. Anyone who wants in, I think my limit will be 2 plus me on making it happen/arranging for judges.

Jacob

I think it would be cool to have a contest here where all the members vote.
  • SUPPORTER

jkokura

Quote from: haveyouseenhim on September 12, 2013, 12:55:12 AM

Thought noted. Are you volunteering to help co-ordinate? ;)

Jacob

deadastronaut

great idea giving it to Urs...he'll be a happy bunny i'm sure.

nice one ian, and the judges,  i'm sure Urs will be over the moon...

and just to show that i did indeed etch the box i'll post the pics of it in the 1000 thread ok...maybe it'll jog someone into action too!.. ;)

excellent. 8) 8) 8)

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=96870.msg934664#msg934664

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

haveyouseenhim

Quote from: jkokura on September 12, 2013, 12:56:34 AM
Quote from: haveyouseenhim on September 12, 2013, 12:55:12 AM

Thought noted. Are you volunteering to help co-ordinate? ;)

Jacob

Perhaps ;)
  • SUPPORTER

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: deadastronaut on September 12, 2013, 05:37:18 AM
and just to show that i did indeed etch the box i'll post the pics of it in the 1000 thread ok...maybe it'll jog someone into action too!.. ;)

Yeah.... Maybe it can be a prize in the Summer '14 competition!  ::)  :icon_eek:
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Jdansti

• SUPPORTER

midwayfair

Quote from: Jdansti on September 11, 2013, 09:14:03 PM
BTW-In order to keep this thread pure of negative, upset, pissed off posts about the 1000 Competition, please direct any negative, upset, pissed off posts to the 1000 Competition thread. ;)

My band, Midway Fair: www.midwayfair.org. Myself's music and things I make: www.jonpattonmusic.com. DIY pedal demos: www.youtube.com/jonspatton. PCBs of my Bearhug Compressor and Cardinal Harmonic Tremolo are available from http://www.1776effects.com!

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: midwayfair on September 12, 2013, 09:32:16 AM
Quote from: Jdansti on September 11, 2013, 09:14:03 PM

Please refer to this comment. Which is why I made MY comment...

Quote from: jkokura on September 12, 2013, 12:32:48 AM
Also agreed. Also, happy anniversary Urs! I think it would be awesome to plan for another Contest to finish next summer (not that it has to be the next one) just to keep a tradition of a yearly/annual contest!

Jacob
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'