FV-1 Multi effect full forum project ready to go. (ShimmerVerb Also)

Started by Ice-9, September 08, 2013, 09:23:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadastronaut

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Ice-9

I just checked the pictures myself , IC4 is correct.  :icon_wink: the dot does point to the jacks and that is how it is meant to go. It does look in the first pictures to be point up, must just be the picture unless That was a boob-up in my first pedal. To clarify I will post a picture with the idents marked on it.
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

Please at least have 1 forum post before sending me a PM demanding something.

deadastronaut

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Ice-9

www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

teej212

anyone know where to get the .asm files for the echo tapper programs?

octfrank

Quote from: teej212 on January 30, 2014, 10:02:51 AM

Piet has not released them so they are not available.
Frank Thomson
Experimental Noize

Ice-9

Quote from: octfrank on January 30, 2014, 11:19:17 AM

As Frank says they are not been released in asm. Piet has made them available as pre -programmed hex on Franks OCT module or pre- programmed with my pedal pcb.
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

teej212

yeah I knew they were available in the skrm module, just wanted to see if the files were floating around out there

loylo

Quote from: Ice-9 on January 30, 2014, 12:57:41 PM
Quote from: octfrank on January 30, 2014, 11:19:17 AM

As Frank says they are not been released in asm. Piet has made them available as pre -programmed hex on Franks OCT module or pre- programmed with my pedal pcb.

Too bad! But I am far from learning anything from Piet's code to try to emulate tape/drum echo (I'm fond of Binson Echorec - I own two versions -  and the Catalinbread emulation).  :icon_redface:
I am in the process of building a Pickit2 clone. Next I'll have to etch a board for the FV1.

Mick, are you planning to share your single sided PCB layout for people willing to etch their own board?

Ice-9

Quote from: loylo on February 04, 2014, 06:28:19 AM

Mick, are you planning to share your single sided PCB layout for people willing to etch their own board?

Yeah, I will post the single sided layout, I lost the finished version of it but I have an older one which I can look at and finish off before posting. It will take me a couple of days to dig it out and have a look.

@Therealfindo, I got your PCB today, I had a quick look over it and can see a few issues but the main find at the moment is that the DC blocking cap C6 going into FV-1 has a short across it, this will put about 4.5v on pin 1 of the FV-1. I expect this short came from trying to trouble shoot your initial problem. I will get a good look at it all tomorrow.
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

loylo

Quote from: Ice-9 on February 04, 2014, 12:12:06 PM

Yeah, I will post the single sided layout, I lost the finished version of it but I have an older one which I can look at and finish off before posting. It will take me a couple of days to dig it out and have a look.

Glad to read that. Thanks for your support, Mick.

therealfindo

Quote from: Ice-9 on February 04, 2014, 12:12:06 PM

@Therealfindo, I got your PCB today, I had a quick look over it and can see a few issues but the main find at the moment is that the DC blocking cap C6 going into FV-1 has a short across it, this will put about 4.5v on pin 1 of the FV-1. I expect this short came from trying to trouble shoot your initial problem. I will get a good look at it all tomorrow.

oh... thanks!

mth5044

This is pretty fantastic. Thanks for the project! Are there any higher res images of the schematics? I tried saving them as well as looking at the photobucket but it's very hard to make out any values. Thanks!

Ice-9

Quote from: mth5044 on February 09, 2014, 08:22:48 PM
This is pretty fantastic. Thanks for the project! Are there any higher res images of the schematics? I tried saving them as well as looking at the photobucket but it's very hard to make out any values. Thanks!

Not sure why the schematics don't show in hi-res when downloaded as they do for me, but component values are listed on page 4 of this thread if you want to check them there.
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Ice-9

Trying to post files in the forum just isn't working the way I want  it to so anyone wanting the hi res schematics or single layer pcb layout please pm me and I can send them directly.
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Danila-master

Hello All ! This is my first post on this forum.
I'm working under the same project. My project is controlled by Attiny 2313 chip for preset selection.
Audio part of my schematic is based on tonepad's project and it doesn't have a mixer for the Dry and Wet signals.
I'd like to ask you about presets and mixing - how do yo manage it?

I'm using the following code:
Quoteequ   effect   reg14 ; Setting up register in the beginning of the code

; in the end stage
wrax   effect,      0
rdax   adcl,      0.5    ; Level of the Dry  Signal
rdax   effect,      0.5    ; Level of the Wet Signal
wrax   dacl,   0.0   

It helps me to pass the Dry signal to the output and it is working fine. But maybe mixing of these two signals using analog mixer would work better?

PS

Where can I get the presets for this project  or this information is confidential?

PS PS
Sorry for my English, I'm Russian.  :)

Ice-9

Quote from: Danila-master on February 16, 2014, 12:50:20 PM
Hello All ! This is my first post on this forum.
I'm working under the same project. My project is controlled by Attiny 2313 chip for preset selection.
Audio part of my schematic is based on tonepad's project and it doesn't have a mixer for the Dry and Wet signals.
I'd like to ask you about presets and mixing - how do yo manage it?

I'm using the following code:
Quoteequ   effect   reg14 ; Setting up register in the beginning of the code

; in the end stage
wrax   effect,      0
rdax   adcl,      0.5    ; Level of the Dry  Signal
rdax   effect,      0.5    ; Level of the Wet Signal
wrax   dacl,   0.0   

It helps me to pass the Dry signal to the output and it is working fine. But maybe mixing of these two signals using analog mixer would work better?

PS

Where can I get the presets for this project  or this information is confidential?

PS PS
Sorry for my English, I'm Russian.  :)

You may want to add a pot control in your code to adjust the mix level between dry and effect which can be done internally with the FV-1. It could also be done externally,

I will try and post info and files next week for FV-1 projects I have, including the hex for effects.

If you want to share you attiny 2313 project here you may also do this.
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Danila-master

Quote from: Ice-9 on February 19, 2014, 05:10:28 PM
You may want to add a pot control in your code to adjust the mix level between dry and effect which can be done internally with the FV-1. It could also be done externally,

I will try and post info and files next week for FV-1 projects I have, including the hex for effects.

If you want to share you attiny 2313 project here you may also do this.

I'd like to preserve HP/LP filter controls, but maybe I'll merge these two controls into one single "Damping" pot.
In this version i have no external mixer controls (  so I'll mix signals internally in code.

About my attiny project:
I'll post here a final version of code, because this version has some bugs.

1- 2313 is not a best chip for this task, because it has no ADC in it. I'm using an encoder to change presets... But using another MCU with ADC we can select presets with a regular potentiometer.
2- There is a bug with bypass processing. It makes a loud "pop" when the pedal is engaged..
3- In some presets I can hear digital buzzing in background...

I hope Sunday I'll fix these bugs and will share the code.