Quote from: rousejeremy on January 02, 2014, 10:30:38 PM
22. Someone builds an iPhone3 on vero.

But posts here asking someone to check their layout for errors.  :icon_wink:

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: Mark Hammer on January 03, 2014, 09:04:22 AM

Before adding their "company logo" and selling it on their website as "Vintage Mojo Cellular with NOS parts!"  ::)
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Gus

Cloners/"designers" builders might use the search engine here or on the web or even check the links at the top of the page
and stickys before asking question asked many times before

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: Gus on January 03, 2014, 01:52:17 PM
Cloners/"designers" builders and sellers might use the search engine here or on the web or even check the links and RULES at the top of the page
and stickys before posting or asking question asked many times before

:FIXED:  ;D
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

digi2t

I`m on it.  :icon_mrgreen:

Quote from: Mark Hammer on January 03, 2014, 09:04:22 AM

Uhhhh.... yeah..... You`ve got me there. :icon_rolleyes:
  • SUPPORTER
Dead End FX
http://www.deadendfx.com/

Asian Icemen rise again...
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=903467

"My ears don't distinguish good from great.  It's a blessing, really." EBK

garcho

Quote15) Somebody here finally does a layout for SIP dual op-amps.

on the way! close to done...

27. lots of hatin'
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

Mac Walker

28)  Scientists finally establish a definitive link between early childhood vaccinations and the DIY pedal pandemic.

I mean, the following chart pretty much proves it.

:icon_biggrin:

amptramp

Someone will come out with a memory controller chip with A/D and D/A that allows you to build a delay with separate RAM.  PT2399 sales tank.

Someone will do a standard 4-20 mA industrial control preamp that will allow your guitar to put out a high-current signal with power coming from the receive end.  The 100 metre long guitar cable will debut.

Pedal builders start a new group of cities known as Germanium Valley.  Their influence spreads.  Look for 74HCGXXX logic gates operating at 0.5 volts.

Drums with a conductive surface are used as microwave resonators in oscillators which are divided down in frequency to become synthesized (wait for it) drums.

Wax cylinder recordings make a comeback as a delay element.

A stash of stolen 6L6's are found in a hitherto unexplored Nazi bunker, upping the value of the Euro against the US dollar. War between the Allies and the Nazis breaks out again.

Stompswitches will be replaced by LED-phototransistor pairs where you simply put your foot in the way of the beam to toggle states.

digi2t

QuoteWax cylinder recordings make a comeback as a delay element.

And along with a germanium Fuzz Face in front of it, in a really hot environment, Jack White will create some new sputter. Leaving thousands of guitarists to wonder, "How'd he do that?".
  • SUPPORTER
Dead End FX
http://www.deadendfx.com/

Asian Icemen rise again...
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=903467

"My ears don't distinguish good from great.  It's a blessing, really." EBK

R.G.

Quote from: amptramp on January 03, 2014, 07:41:49 PM
Someone will come out with a memory controller chip with A/D and D/A that allows you to build a delay with separate RAM.  PT2399 sales tank.
...er, that was the PT2395, the PT2399's precursor.  Been there, got the scars.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

PRR

> new group of cities known as Germanium Valley.

Love this one.

> 74HCGXXX logic gates operating at 0.5 volts.

IIRC, Germanium logic ran on a mess of supplies like +5.6V, -13V, -18V, and test voltages. Why? if Ge has low threshold? Because you have to swamp-out Ge's variability.

> Someone will do a standard 4-20 mA industrial control preamp

Does 4-20mA even still exist? I got an elect-tech meter which does everything *except* read current 1mA-1A. I wondered how a tech would troubleshoot 4-20mA gear. Looking around, it seems to be bygone technology.
  • SUPPORTER

Perrow

Quote from: garcho on January 03, 2014, 04:27:52 PM
on the way! close to done...

I have a 1590A-able Phase 90 done in DIYLC,  not tested in real life though :)
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

garcho

QuoteWax cylinder recordings make a comeback as a delay element.

Move over Echoplex  ;D

^ Part of my band recording onto wax cylinder at the Edison Laboratory, Orange, NJ. I'm playing the miniature Les Paul. My favorite part was watching the cylinder-op frantically blowing wax shavings off while we recorded so they wouldn't get wedged under the cutting stylus. Notice how the bell is suspended; that's because it IS the cutting stylus. Incredible experience and an honor. Doing some research before recording I found this highly suggestive technique for fingering handling the cylinder:

29. more D'Astro sausage

• SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

duck_arse

and those special hats? some kind of overdrives?
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

garcho

• SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

petey twofinger

the trend to hate on digital modeling inspires ibanez to unleash the ts1212 transistor screamer with surprisingly lifelike jc120 distortion emulation .
im learning , we'll thats what i keep telling myself

rockhorst

@Garcho: that's the best pic of the year! Pure gold, got your album cover right there.
Nucleon FX - PCBs at the core of tone

pinkjimiphoton

and pink will discover how to make an unbiased germ transistor fuzz with just 4 passives and a pot.... oh wait... that was yesterday!!

;)
  • SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

amptramp

It's hockey season and that is why wax cylinder recordings came to mind.  The oldest recorded sound in history is Lord Stanley (who later donated the Stanley Cup) addressing the opeining of the Canadian Industrial Exhibition in Toronto in 1887 and it was recorded on a wax cylinder.  Tape recordings have been made of it and I have heard one of them.

amptramp

Someone will finally write an app for getting a camera on a phone or tablet to act as a bucket brigade delay.  The signal will be fed via an LED into one pixel of the camera and the raster generation circuitry will be used to generate the delay.

One thread will show the adaptation of a small steam engine coupled to a generator for use, appropriately enough, as the power supply for a steampunk pedalboard.  Voltage regulation will be by flyball governor.  When you want to up the voltage, you go balls out.

The adaptation of a forked needle to a phonograph cartridge will allow a builder to use non-magnetic guitar strings made of drawn titanium alloy.  Each cartridge will hook its needle over one string and you will get six separate outputs.  Guitar strings will never break or corrode but will cost about $50 apiece.  Shure and Astatic start hiring.  Outputs can be moving magnet, moving coil, ceramic or optical.

Guitars will be made of nickle-titanium memory metal.  After smashing your guitar on stage, you take it to your oven and let it go back to its original shape for the next gig.

An SMD Tillman booster will be incorporated in a guitar cable with the amp at one end and its load resistor and battery at the other.  The cable will be unidirectional, giving you a 50% chance of not being able to do anything.

A thread will show how to recycle a laptop for its battery and charger / voltage regulator circuitry.  The use of 9 volt rectangular batteries drops.

An analog fiber-optic interface allows you to connect pedals without any electrical connection between them.  Ground loop problems vanish.

Conductive ink cartridges will allow you to print a circuit board from a jpeg file or a photograph.  My board can be your board with the right printer.  Cartridge reloading places stock up on conductive cartridge ink.