DIY predictions for 2014

Started by R.G., January 01, 2014, 01:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quackzed

those are some pretty good predictions,  any stock market advise?  ;D
nothing says forever like a solid block of liquid nails!!!

amptramp

Quote from: Quackzed on January 04, 2014, 09:48:05 PM
those are some pretty good predictions,  any stock market advise?  ;D

Buy low, sell high.  And buy Radio Shack, it's the company that will not die.

haveyouseenhim

>Conductive ink cartridges will allow you to print a circuit board from a jpeg file or a photograph.  My board can be your board with the right printer.  Cartridge reloading places stock up on conductive cartridge ink.

Please god, let that come true. :icon_cool:
  • SUPPORTER
http://www.youtube.com/haveyouseenhim89

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms.

CodeMonk

Quote from: haveyouseenhim on January 04, 2014, 11:05:08 PM
>Conductive ink cartridges will allow you to print a circuit board from a jpeg file or a photograph.  My board can be your board with the right printer.  Cartridge reloading places stock up on conductive cartridge ink.

Oh, oh, oh, oh.
A specialized 3D printer that has 2 different cartridges (Or whatever they use).
One cartridge, fiberglass type material, the other, copper.
Print your own multi-layer PCB's.

amptramp

Quote from: haveyouseenhim on January 04, 2014, 11:05:08 PM

Look at the rear window defrosters on medern cars.  Conductive traces printed on glass and you can get bottles of conductive touch-up paint that could fit a print cartridge.  And the glass is curved!

God has let it come.  We simply haven't stepped up yet.

alparent

In an effort to conserve energy and promote peace, electric guitars will be band and we all end-up playing sitars and bongos in our beige robes.

amptramp

Hammond comes out with a new line of photosensitive aluminum boxes.  You project an image on it from a transparency, wash off the unpolymerized photosensitive material and etch.  The aluminum-copper alloy gives a deep etch in minutes.  No toner, no paper and no arguments about toner or paper.

Telan and Eveready debut new Seebeck-effect thermoelectric generators permitting all the power for a pedalboard to come from candles.  Pedals are then rated in candlepower.

Airbrush-sized sandblasting guns challenge etching as a process for getting aluminum cases to etch.  Rubber templates are used as shields and are reusable.  Process takes ten seconds and if you don't think the etch is deep enough, take a few more seconds.

seedlings

Gibson Starfire and Vox transistor amps will become all-the-rage for Vintage $20,000 tone, and a TW Express will sell for $278 on eBay.

Tayda will offer a 15% off coupon the day after I place an order.

CHAD

akc1973

Quote from: PRR on January 03, 2014, 11:53:42 PM

Does 4-20mA even still exist? I got an elect-tech meter which does everything *except* read current 1mA-1A. I wondered how a tech would troubleshoot 4-20mA gear. Looking around, it seems to be bygone technology.

In the continuous process industry (Oil and Gas, petrochemicals, minerals processing), we use 4 - 20 mA all the time. Despite there being more modern bus-type technologies, the super conservative process industry still loves the 4 - 20 mA loop.
Builds: Bazz Fuss, Orange Squeezer, Omega, Green Ringer, Dist+, X-Fuzz

PRR

> we use 4 - 20 mA all the time

Thanks.

I'm well aware of the advantages. And when you just need a thermometer 190 feet up a tower, it's silly to run fancy-dancy protocols for a slow-changing 1-number reading.

You may not like the Klein CL2000 multimeter. It is incredibly handy for home electric work, and very functional for small electronics, but the Current choices are uA and A, where "A" means clamp-on 200.0A. Readings from a few mA to 100mA seem to be out-of-range.
  • SUPPORTER

italianguy63

Prediction:  The asian market that is flooding us with pedals, guitars, amps, and parts will gain local followers-- All new heavy metal bands of merit will be from the Pacific Rim.
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

cjlectronics

.... Programmable Implanted Guitar effects (PIGe) for the human body.  I'm naming my first PIGe "Arrhythmia Fibrillation"

Perrow

Effects with built in guitars.
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

guitarkill

Did someone already mention yet another Tube Screamer derivative?  :icon_lol:
just another dude killed by his guitar

deadastronaut

i predict 2 lovely twins will play a metallica song on harps... 8)

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

thelonious

Quote from: amptramp on January 04, 2014, 09:00:39 PM
An analog fiber-optic interface allows you to connect pedals without any electrical connection between them.  Ground loop problems vanish.

Dude. Coolest idea ever. Combine that with Inductive Coupling for power, and goodbye pedalboard wiring tangles!

Govmnt_Lacky

Someone will log onto DIYStomp to report that they received a brand new, etched... Sonic Death Ray Phaser....... and have no idea where it came from, why, or what to do with it!  ::)

Sorry.... I'll get me coat now  8)
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Mark Hammer

How about Hammond releases plastic replacements for the 1590 series....but coated internally with shielding paint!  Suddenly, your pedalboard weighs 8 pounds less!  (And it would weigh 20lbs less if you'd just trade those last two Tonecore pedals to someone)  :icon_mrgreen:

Someone starts providing a 3D printing service where you can get colour-layered knobs made to match your Zoot Suit SG.

Tayda starts selling "chickenhead" knobs that look like actual chicken heads, complete with yellowish beak and floppy red thing on top (no matter what colour you order).

Inspired by the "diamond Shreddies" campaign ( http://www.themarkofaleader.com/library/stories/diamond-shreddies-a-new-angle-on-a-familiar-product/ ), Hammond tries to kickstart uptake of their trapezoid boxes by advertising them as a new line that is wider in the front than it is in the rear.

Clunky germanium "metal can" surface-mount devices become all the rage.

Somebody finally figures out something useful to do with the Princeton PT2399.

LM301 op-amps become all the rage.

haveyouseenhim

Some idiot on the forum will end up shooting himself in the foot with a high power rifle and the resulting screams will inspire him to make a pedal that sounds like it.
  • SUPPORTER
http://www.youtube.com/haveyouseenhim89

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms.

bluebunny

Quote from: haveyouseenhim on January 09, 2014, 12:25:35 PM
Some idiot on the forum will end up shooting himself in the foot with a high power rifle and the resulting screams will inspire him to make a pedal that sounds like it.

I thought you were more a shotgun kinda guy, Mike?  No matter.  Looking forward to seeing that pedal...   :icon_lol:
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...