Diagram question

Started by DeusM, April 02, 2017, 07:37:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeusM

Hey guys! I've been creating a prototype for my BMP by I have no distortion :/ Right now I'm pretty tired to continue testing it. It took me too many hours and making it sound is enough for today. But I have a question. Since I'm making it in a breadboard there are some connections I'm not sure how to make. For example the original was like the ones in the left but I had to make it like the ones in the right.

I think it's still the same but I though about asking because I'm not 100 % sure and still trying to figure out what is not working. Also, my multimeter's probe felt of when I was about to use it (I mean, the cable cut by itself  :icon_confused:)  so I'll have to wait until I get a new probe to keep testing.

Thanks!  ;D
It's not the amps that kills you. It's the "mojo"

digi2t

Both are the same. The dots mean connections. Whether together, or separate, the connection is there.
  • SUPPORTER
Dead End FX
http://www.deadendfx.com/

Asian Icemen rise again...
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=903467

"My ears don't distinguish good from great.  It's a blessing, really." EBK

EBK

Quote from: DeusM on April 02, 2017, 07:37:58 PM
Also, my multimeter's probe [fell off] when I was about to use it (I mean, the cable cut by itself  :icon_confused:
:icon_eek: Sounds like a very dangerous place!
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

DeusM

Quote from: EBK on April 02, 2017, 07:56:51 PM
:icon_eek: Sounds like a very dangerous place!
lol. Also like a very bad multimeter  :P
I mean, the cable was SO thin. I'm amazed how it even lasted so long.

robthequiet

As a rule of thumb, all points along a wire are at the same voltage.

So , for instance, if in the first diagram, R13 is the resistor connected to the previous stage, it does not matter if you draw it connected to the base of the transistor or to the end of your feedback resistor, R15. They are connected to the same electrical point. It looks cleaner to draw them all connected to the same dot, but not critical. In the second diagram, same thing, R10 and C8 are connected to the collector of C2, even if the dots are in different places.

When I was in tech school, the instructor had a wonderful exercise for us which was a complicated diagram of a resistor network and told us to solve the total resistance. Everyone worked feverishly to solve the network with all parallel and series resistances, but before we finished, he drew a line through the circuit -- it was a dead short. I'll never forget Mr. C.

DeusM

IT WORKS! IT GOD DAMN WORKS! I can believe it. I checked everything over again and clean the resistors and made good jumper cables and now it works! All thank to the power of Paul Gilbert's rock! I'm so happy!!!
It also sounds awesome!!

KarenColumbo

I think congratulations are in order :)

Oh, btw :) What is it you're building here? ... just curious I am ... :)
  • SUPPORTER
I see something of myself in everyone / Just at this moment of the world / As snow gathers like bolts of lace / Waltzing on a ballroom girl" - Joni Mitchell - "Hejira"

EBK

Quote from: KarenColumbo on April 03, 2017, 03:54:24 AM

Think he built a Big Muff Pi (looking at the first post).  The remaining question is, which version?  So many different varieties there.
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

duck_arse

who is Paul Gilbert, and how did you use his rock to debug your muff?
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

digi2t

Quote from: duck_arse on April 03, 2017, 11:04:11 AM

I'm not touching that one with a 10 foot barge pole.  :icon_biggrin:
  • SUPPORTER
Dead End FX
http://www.deadendfx.com/

Asian Icemen rise again...
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=903467

"My ears don't distinguish good from great.  It's a blessing, really." EBK

DeusM

Quote from: duck_arse on April 03, 2017, 11:04:11 AM
:icon_mrgreen:
That was funny!

Quote from: EBK on April 03, 2017, 07:29:16 AM
Quote from: KarenColumbo on April 03, 2017, 03:54:24 AM

Think he built a Big Muff Pi (looking at the first post).  The remaining question is, which version?  So many different varieties there.
Yeah, a BMP. I'm experiment. I have the components list of different versions, also a graphic from the bible of the BM that list how each component affects the circuit and the overall sound so I'm trying different combinations. Well, al least I will since I made it work just yesterday.

DeusM