The Please Steal My Idea Thread

Started by EBK, February 20, 2019, 04:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patrick398

I think this definitely needs to happen! Be sure to send it to the repository ;)
It would be a good graphic for a Danelectro 'food series' clone

EBK

Quote from: patrick398 on April 14, 2020, 09:16:22 AM
I think this definitely needs to happen! Be sure to send it to the repository ;)
It would be a good graphic for a Danelectro 'food series' clone
It's actually coming together quite nicely already.  I love Inkscape, and silly little projects like this help me sharpen my skills (I'm not auto-tracing any of it).

Work in progress:

Original:
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

patrick398

iainpunk

Quote from: EBK on April 14, 2020, 08:59:00 AM
I may be willing to make a clean SVG of this if anyone wants to use it as a pedal graphic.  I found it on an oxygen absorber packet in a bag of jerky.  Not fully sure why I find it so amusing (maybe because it makes me think of PacMan on a diet), but I do.  :icon_razz:

i do believe i have seen similar graphics on acid tabs, really makes you think.
friendly reminder: all holes are positive and have negative weight, despite not being there.

cheers

garcho

+1 for Inkscape, what a great piece of software, and free!
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

patrick398

"i do believe i have seen similar graphics on acid tabs, really makes you think."

EBK

I kept the terrible font arrangement from the original (most visible in their orientation and placement of the 'N' in "NOT").  The 'D' and 'R' are not quite right, but good enough.

This should hopefully link to a PDF file with the SVG (I was having difficulty with my plain old SVG save:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gn8nm0wpDtrI0DFgKo6pfddymZcDM7UQ/view?usp=drivesdk

It should look like this if it renders correctly:

If it doesn't render correctly, various bits of the text will likely appear black, oddly sized, etc.  (I think it is an issue of text not properly converting to paths or something;  there should ideally be no fonts required in the file)

Now, if someone uses this graphic for anything, it will make my miserable quarantined life more meaningful.  :icon_razz:
  • SUPPORTER

Fancy Lime

I like the "Do Not Microwave" warning on the packet. For people who have access to a microwave and are bored enough due to quarantine to just put anything in it to see what happens.

"Oxygen Absorber" is also not the worst pedal name I've read all day.

Andy
My dry, sweaty foot had become the source of one of the most disturbing cases of chemical-based crime within my home country.

A cider a day keeps the lobster away, bucko!

EBK

Quote from: Fancy Lime on April 15, 2020, 08:25:08 AM
For people who have access to a microwave and are bored enough due to quarantine to just put anything in it to see what happens.

Plasma grapes!

• SUPPORTER

bluebunny

Grapes are one thing.  How about an old phone?   :icon_twisted:      (Don't try this at home kiddies! :icon_eek:)

Makes John Carpenter's "The Thing" look pretty tame...  ;D
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

stallik

I wonder how an effects circuit might sound as it dies in a microwave?
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

EBK

Quote from: stallik on April 15, 2020, 04:54:38 PM
"CRACKLE OKAY"
:icon_razz:
  • SUPPORTER

bluebunny

Quote from: stallik on April 15, 2020, 04:54:38 PM

I sure between us we must have a few sacrificial snafued builds to find out?   :icon_twisted:
  • SUPPORTER

EBK

Idea:  Build a guitar pedal version of Minsky's Useless Machine.  Something like this, but with a footswitch:

• SUPPORTER

duck_arse

Quote from: EBK on May 05, 2020, 04:22:36 PM
Idea:  Build a guitar pedal version of Minsky's Useless Machine.  Something like this, but with a footswitch:

is this a live feed? can't wait to see how it ends.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

bluebunny

You won't believe how long I sat watching this last night.  No wonder I'm tired today...
  • SUPPORTER

stallik

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

EBK

I started the thread, so I don't have to apologize for posting the following, right? :icon_razz:

Useless Machine Fights!

• SUPPORTER

antonis

"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

duck_arse

how can they possibly be termed useless? I especially like the sneaky one in the blonde box.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.