ROSIE amp - though she be but little, she is fierce!

Started by jonny.reckless, December 16, 2019, 01:43:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben N

Nice demo. Sorry about going OT, Jonny, but that's not a repurposed shoe rack holding your cables, is it? Love it!
  • SUPPORTER

jonny.reckless

Quote from: Ben N on December 18, 2019, 04:54:26 AM
Nice demo. Sorry about going OT, Jonny, but that's not a repurposed shoe rack holding your cables, is it? Love it!
Coat hooks  8)

tubegeek

Quote from: jonny.reckless on December 17, 2019, 07:25:07 PM
Quote from: Mark Hammer on December 17, 2019, 05:05:26 PM
Maybe I missed it, but what sort of speaker/s and cab are we listening to there?
Closed back 1 x 12" with a Celestion Vintage 30. Two SE2200A large diaphragm condenser mics: one on the cone, one in the room, bit of added reverb in the mix. Fairly typical how I would mic up a guitar amp for recording, except if I was recording I would probably use a bit of EQ on the close mic, and maybe move it off axis a bit more.

Those are just about exactly the tweaks I'd try, along with perhaps a swap to a dynamic for the close mic. Love your playing, the max gain blues especially. What's the single cutaway guitar between the Rick and the black Tele? A The Paul I think?

Very versatile little amp with plenty of tone! Super busker's amp if one can locate an outlet to plug into.
"The first four times, we figured it was an isolated incident." - Angry Pete

"(Chassis is not a magic garbage dump.)" - PRR

jonny.reckless

Those are just about exactly the tweaks I'd try, along with perhaps a swap to a dynamic for the close mic. Love your playing, the max gain blues especially. What's the single cutaway guitar between the Rick and the black Tele? A The Paul I think?
Thanks for the compliment! I'm always a bit self conscious about my playing since I'm not as fluid or accurate as I was when I was younger, and there are so many amazing players out there these days. I do love blues stuff, I've been heavily influenced by Gary Moore and Rory Gallagher, I wish I was a tenth as good as those guys were.

The guitar you're referring to is a Godin XTSA. It's got HSH pickups, plus a piezo "acoustic" pickup, plus a Roland GK pickup with 13 pin plug for connecting to my guitar synth. Really nice and very versatile instrument.

tubegeek

Quote from: jonny.reckless on December 20, 2019, 01:40:52 AM
Those are just about exactly the tweaks I'd try, along with perhaps a swap to a dynamic for the close mic. Love your playing, the max gain blues especially.
Thanks for the compliment!
Well-earned if you ask me. You're welcome!
QuoteWhat's the single cutaway guitar between the Rick and the black Tele? A The Paul I think?
The guitar you're referring to is a Godin XTSA.

Huh. After googling I was SURE it was a The Paul - without a look at the headstock, otherwise looks quite like it. I'm a big fan of LPJr.'s Melody Makers etc.
It's got HSH pickups, plus a piezo "acoustic" pickup, plus a Roland GK pickup with 13 pin plug for connecting to my guitar synth. Really nice and very versatile instrument.
OK that's NOT like a The Paul - interesting rig!
"The first four times, we figured it was an isolated incident." - Angry Pete

"(Chassis is not a magic garbage dump.)" - PRR