News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bent

There is pieces of arts in here.....

what program do you use to do all those beautiful graphic and design ???????

bent

Long live the music.....

markm

Markus,
That thing looks great!!
Real nice indeed  8)

darron

Quote from: stumper1 on September 10, 2006, 01:12:28 PM
For clear coating polished metals, there is a product called Glisten PC. It's affordable, easy to use and works awesome.  The best part is it can be applied with a brush avoiding the mist/fumes of spraying. Fume wise - it is way less smelly than any rattle can paint.

The only down side is it takes 4 days to cure. Heat does not speed up the process.

I've done several pedals with it now. It's a lot tougher than the 2 part urethane clearcoats I use over painted boxes.

Almost forgot:
Mark, Awesone work........as always ;)

thanks for the tip stumper. that sounds pretty cool. 4 days is a bit crazy but it'd be worth it if it sticks to a mirror-like finish!
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

markm

Quote from: darron on September 10, 2006, 06:46:16 PM
Quote from: stumper1 on September 10, 2006, 01:12:28 PM
For clear coating polished metals, there is a product called Glisten PC. It's affordable, easy to use and works awesome.  The best part is it can be applied with a brush avoiding the mist/fumes of spraying. Fume wise - it is way less smelly than any rattle can paint.

The only down side is it takes 4 days to cure. Heat does not speed up the process.

I've done several pedals with it now. It's a lot tougher than the 2 part urethane clearcoats I use over painted boxes.

Almost forgot:
Mark, Awesone work........as always ;)

thanks for the tip stumper. that sounds pretty cool. 4 days is a bit crazy but it'd be worth it if it sticks to a mirror-like finish!

Yes, thank you stumper, I will have to check into this.

markm

Here's the finished Trem Lune.
Great sounding circuit! I set it up so that the LED is the status indicator and it will pulse when turned on.
It's kinda neat watching the LED pulse with the beat of the Lune!

I posted more pics in my layouts gallery along with the artwork for this project.

fixr1984

Here's my newest, Its a Ts-808 from Torchy's layout, second pic is the gut shot.
The one below that is a ABCY box.  If thats what you would call it.
Its an amp switcher A, B Or C by itself or B and C together.
I use address labels and cut out the letters with a hobby knife,
and i use muratic acid to etch. Not the best but looks half way decent.

z1

build a Joybuzzer in a tin for candy

markusw

Quote from: markm on September 10, 2006, 07:44:16 PM
Here's the finished Trem Lune.
Great sounding circuit! I set it up so that the LED is the status indicator and it will pulse when turned on.
It's kinda neat watching the LED pulse with the beat of the Lune!

I posted more pics in my layouts gallery along with the artwork for this project.

:icon_eek: Incredible! You really developed box etching to perfection :)
Also the resolution you achieve is fantastic. Did you ever test how far you can go down with line width?

Markus

stankyfish

Quote from: markusw on September 11, 2006, 12:38:22 PM

:icon_eek: Incredible! You really developed box etching to perfection :)
Also the resolution you achieve is fantastic. Did you ever test how far you can go down with line width?

Markus

I agree.  How do you get that sort of resolution?  My first attempts at etching haven't been nearly so clean.

markm

Thanks you guys  :icon_redface:
The key to a good clean etch is the surface preperation. Getting all those tiny imperfections out of the surface so the PNP sticks to the surface well helps tremendously.
If you etch your own PCBs, think of how flat and clean the surface of the copper-clad blank is......that's what the enclosure needs
to look like. The better the prep, the better the etch.
I have been pushing the "boundries" with etching lately and have found that thinner lines seem to etch better (and quicker!) as long as the the PNP print is good. That can be a problem sometimes with laser printers.....high resolution helps.
On the "lune" picture, the thickness of the letters in "GENUINE" are kind of pushing it but.....it worked!

KaptenSpark

Built a dist+ for a friend using tonepads layout but built it on perf, works great.
The decals are thos plastic sticky kind, printed with color laser printer and clear coated. Funny thing with it, looking at it straight forward it's red and the more from the side you look, the greener it gets. I guess the coat of lacquer forms a basic prism. kinda cool.

jonathan perez

WOW! what did you use to paint?
no longer the battle of midway...(i left that band)...

i hate signatures with gear lists/crap for sale....

i am a wah pervert...ask away...

markm

Interesting.....
It is pretty cool how it changes like that.

343 Salty Beans

The only pics I have of any of my DIY stuff is these power supplies:

The enclosures: I used some washers to cover up my SUPER-messy drilling (my dremel broke, and the potentiometer is permanently stuck on the highest setting  :icon_redface:)

I did end up finishing them, and then I tested them both on my rig. Turns out I didn't research quite enough, and the ground-loops I created were UNBEARABLE. I ended up scrapping the projects and keeping only the wire and 7809 chips.

But I learned something  :icon_lol:

KORGULL

Pair O' Super deluxe RACO box Bazz Fusses ...One for me, one for a friend.

What a mess

KaptenSpark

Quote from: thebattleofmidway on September 14, 2006, 02:18:59 PM
WOW! what did you use to paint?

It's just printed with color laser on a see-through sticker, then clear coated.
I made a BMP for another friend where the red lettering turned orange from the side.

mydementia

Not as nice as most posted here...but they're my children...

Tremulus Lune - 2nd build - best trem out there!

Thunderchief - 2nd build, this time on FP PCB - nice high-gain Marshall thing going on:

Nurse Quacky - fun auto-wah
G3 and Supro Thunderbolt - both by MartyMart.
Thei Thunderbolt is dark and grungy - does the Queen's of the Stone Age thing really well.  The G3 s just a nice sounding gain circuit with useful tones through the range of the gain knob.  Also quite responsive to guitar volume.

I'm afraid to take my Dr. Boogey out of its enclosure... It sounds so good the way it is... might have to do something with it though...we'll see how the second build goes.

Thanks for all the fantastic inspiration - I'm definitely going to have to try etching a box...
Mike

jonathan perez

HELOOOOOOOOO NURSE! ^^^^^^^  :D :D

anyways, heres another batch of wahs...i guess i should post some gut shots too!, right?...nah, ill keep that stuff secret.  ;D

today there was a craft fair, an outdoors event at the South Natomas Community center...it was great! although ive yet to run into a musician....anyways, thats the batch i had put together this week. included were:

(the plain vox on the right) modified vox 847...plus a "HOT VOX" drop in, which is a hot rodded clyde mccoy circuit.

^^^ this is my infamous Clyde Perez wah, based entirely on the original layout of the Clyde Mccoy circuit....no extra bass, no extra mids...just how you would buy it in the stores when it first arrived on the scene!

^^^ this is one of my Grace Wahs...which has switchable sweep caps, bass resistors, and volume resistors. im not a fan of Knobs, too much...id rather have "this or that" versus everything in between...the inductor is a ArielFX Halo, and the sound of this thing sounds Gorgeous!

^^^ This is a CRV wah...i made it specially for my friend, who wanted a bass wah, and a guitar wah...so it has a "bass/guitar" switch, "bass boost" switch and controllable Q. naturally hahah....its a very good sounding wah...

^^^ heres my other Grace wah, my first build, actually...i still think this wah has the "sweetest" tone, that cuts through like a knife!

any questions?  ;)
no longer the battle of midway...(i left that band)...

i hate signatures with gear lists/crap for sale....

i am a wah pervert...ask away...

dano12

Hey, nice table of Wahs! I'm digging those paint jobs.

Here's a rat I finished up last night.

$uperpuma

Quote from: thebattleofmidway on September 17, 2006, 12:22:14 AM
HELOOOOOOOOO NURSE! ^^^^^^^  :D :D

anyways, heres another batch of wahs...i guess i should post some gut shots too!, right?...nah, ill keep that stuff secret.  ;D

any questions?  ;)

Awwww... the mutant babies are out of the lab! :)
Breadboards are as invaluable as underwear - and also need changed... -R.G.