SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnus

Hello together,
not a new pedal from me but a new heart for my AMZ Mini-Booster,
"axial inspired"-pcb, Cornell Dubilier-Caps, Silver Mica, Vishay Dale-Resistors...

Greetings
Magnus
AMZ Booster, Dist. +, DOD 250,
Dr. Boogey, Fuzz Face's, JCM800-Emu, LPB1,
May Booster, Obsidian, Orange T/B-Booster,
Pentaboost, Prof. Tweed, Rangemaster's,
SansAmp GT2, Superfly (Amp), Guv'nor,
Tone Bender MKI/MKII/MKIII, TS 808

ShortScaleMike

egasimus

you forgot the clipping diodes :D
and I'd be confused by the graphic and try to plug it in left-to-right, too :D

ShortScaleMike

haha..I didn't forget them where they count, that would sound bad.

the "in" and "out" labels should help the overly circuit-literate however.

This was for a customer, I think it turned out pretty nice though.

deadastronaut

Might i suggest we  have soundclips to accompany these pretty boxes...?..

come on.....we all obviously have  pc's!.... we have soundcards!....we have  guitars!.....maybe  amps.......so we can record!.....even if its just line in!....NO EXCUSES ::)

they all look the nuts...but surely we are all about sound too!...i like to hear a build!..im sure everyone does too....or am i just old fashioned?.. ;D

moan over!.. ;)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

FunkyGibbon

Quote from: glops on June 20, 2011, 12:10:39 AM
RAT

That's perfect! I love how authentically late 50s that looks. I don't know if it's that dark-ish red, but certainly the colour in the photo fits very well. I love how you've put the thin black border in with the dual unetched borders. I might have to borrow that idea. The flaws in the etch add to the vintage vibe.

Christopher

FunkyGibbon

Quote from: frequencycentral on June 19, 2011, 08:31:08 AM
Bass overdrive built for Tor Kreken of Norwegian band Shining: http://www.shining.no/v2/

Is this similar to the 'Moon Unit'? Any sound clips of this? Will you be sharing the schematic? A submini bass overdrive sounds like just the ticket!

Looks great, as always.

Christopher

Kearns892

Quote from: koperkio on June 20, 2011, 05:12:18 AM
Very nice :-)
I have 2 noob questions...
What kind of cable is the grey one? and where is it possible to buy it?

That is shielded cable. The Dr. Boogie is a high gain circuit and shielded wire helps cut down the chance of the circuit oscillating. If you search for shielded wire or shielded cable you should be able to find it. Specifically though, I think smallbear carries it.

KBG

Here's my AMZ booster/buffer.

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: KBG on June 20, 2011, 12:14:41 PM
Here's my AMZ booster/buffer.

How do you fit it into such a SMALL enclosure..... and where did you get that sweet RED "X" graphic??

My computer will not show the picture.

:icon_lol:
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

LaceSensor

It's either single or twin core shielded. Single for the in and outs of the board. Twin for the in and outs for the guitar/amp plugs with grounding. You can buy them from any electronics vendor. I use bits box in the uk or doctor tweak

quarara

glops

PCB is sick!  Nice box, too.  Gorgeous...

Loving this one, too. 

Barcode80

Quote from: glops on June 20, 2011, 03:11:25 PM

PCB is sick!  Nice box, too.  Gorgeous...

Thanks! I'm actually REALLY digging etching two sided boards. It wasn't nearly as difficult as I thought it would be. I etch 2 single sided boards, drill out the holes for the pots as reference, line them up, and super glue the boards together. I do this before I trim the board to final shape (which i use a belt sander for), that way the edges look seamless between the layers.

glops

Quote from: FunkyGibbon on June 20, 2011, 08:27:53 AM

That's perfect! I love how authentically late 50s that looks. I don't know if it's that dark-ish red, but certainly the colour in the photo fits very well. I love how you've put the thin black border in with the dual unetched borders. I might have to borrow that idea. The flaws in the etch add to the vintage vibe.

Christopher

Thanks, man.  I've been using spray cans by this company, Montana.  Great but expensive paint.  The color is brick!  The etching flaws do help it give that worn look.  I've gotten tired of being meticulous in my pre-sanding and have embraced the results of the etching quirks.  I'm glad you like the border!

Quote from: quarara on June 20, 2011, 02:48:52 PM

Hi, what's that switch for?

The Ruetz mod.  Supposed to lift one of the resistors in the gain section.  Would give it less gain but this needs a debug.  Sounds great despite this....

glops

Quote from: Barcode80 on June 20, 2011, 03:16:26 PM

Thanks! I'm actually REALLY digging etching two sided boards. It wasn't nearly as difficult as I thought it would be. I etch 2 single sided boards, drill out the holes for the pots as reference, line them up, and super glue the boards together. I do this before I trim the board to final shape (which i use a belt sander for), that way the edges look seamless between the layers.

Genius!  Looks really amazing!

quarara

Quote from: glops on June 20, 2011, 03:20:39 PM
The Ruetz mod.  Supposed to lift one of the resistors in the gain section.  Would give it less gain but this needs a debug.  Sounds great despite this....
Thanks for the reply.
If it does sound good do you, then it doesn't need any adjustment! :)

Galego

Doesn't that end up being twice as expensive? I bet that with a little more planning you could do the same with a single sided board and a couple of jumpers.

Slade

Delay Lama :P

Cheers!

Barcode80

Quote from: Galego on June 20, 2011, 06:13:42 PM

Doesn't that end up being twice as expensive? I bet that with a little more planning you could do the same with a single sided board and a couple of jumpers.
It's not really all that much more expensive, and I like the look of the copper traces a lot more than i like the look of jumpers. Not very utilitarian I know, but I like it better this way. Plus, on the thin clad I use, having pads on both sides of the holes for the mounted pots gives them a hell of a lot more rigidity. I've had pads lift from simple tightening of the pots down. I'd use thicker board, but I can't seem to find any in colors :)