Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arma61

Hi there

a new born  :D ....... you all know what it is, isn't it  :D  :D

and the guts

Ciao

"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

Perrow

Quote from: rousejeremy on March 29, 2012, 10:58:11 AM
Quote from: Slade on March 29, 2012, 09:56:37 AM
So, are we doing a 1000 pages competition? ;D

In the spirit of recent events it should be a "ten pictures of the most generic diy stompbox built solely for profit" competition.

LOL (yeah, really, truly, laughed out loud when I read this one).

Opinions are indeed like a$$holes, my current opinion is that hardstatic made a fantastic debut  :icon_eek: WOW, keep 'em coming.

Edit: hardstatic, not hardtastic  :icon_redface:
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

Volkmar

Based on OKKO Dominator distortion

what's a shit?

kaycee

Nice work there, I like the pots on their own board, makes it much neater inside.

kaycee

Quote from: hardstatic on March 29, 2012, 11:15:26 AM
I then spent a lot of time gathering parts (Tayda for the win) and making my way through the learning curve for these things.  My wife plays Bass and wanted an octave pedal:

Lowrider PCB from Bean (Thanks Bean!).  Pic is from when I was having some grounding issues (metal DC jacks anyone?)

Nice etches indeed! Particularly like this one.

Been there, done that with the metal jacks ::)

Al Heeley

Mammoth Fuzz - built for nasty bass

rousejeremy

Awesome graphics! I just finished a Mammoth myself, it's a fun pedal.
Consistency is a worthy adversary

www.jeremyrouse.weebly.com

greeny23

lol. Boss should do this.

TamuT

Quote from: Slade on March 29, 2012, 11:31:02 AM
Quote from: ~arph on March 29, 2012, 11:00:14 AM
No one will remember in 47 pages time..  ;)

Yeah..
So, in the spirit of recent Rick's words, let's make a Pictures Thread Doom's Day Competition! Every pedal must have a design that includes 10 pics of the best pedals posted here....

:icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Just Joking... I don't want to bother anyone.

But.... let's make it a Doom's Day Competition... you know... 2012, end of the world and stuff.... What you say?

The Dooms Day theme sounds real good, Fernando! So my SHO clone will be a teaser for the comp  ;)  No guts this time. Just a tiny vero and some wires inside.

bean

This is an MXR117 and kinda crummy etch, but I like it anyway.

Slade

Quote from: TamuT on March 31, 2012, 08:35:45 AM
The Dooms Day theme sounds real good, Fernando! So my SHO clone will be a teaser for the comp  ;)  No guts this time. Just a tiny vero and some wires inside.

That's definitely a powerful candidate!!! :o
Very cool rev etch!

Here my latest ones:

Mélange - Runoffgroove Splitter-Blend with switcheable blend controls and true bypass.

ISP Decimator clone - Board modified from Galego's 1290B layout version.

Cheers!

diemilchmann

Just a run of the mill Fuzz Face w/ Small Bear OC75 germaniums. Just went for a simple look.

Julian

tasos

greeny
This is really nice work!
I was thinking of painting a damaged ds-1 but i sold it to a friend instead! :icon_razz:
So what is your pedal?

greeny23

Quote from: tasos on March 31, 2012, 01:56:13 PM
greeny
This is really nice work!
I was thinking of painting a damaged ds-1 but i sold it to a friend instead! :icon_razz:
So what is your pedal?

looked like this beforehand:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tg2aH6oGsGk&feature=relmfu

Al Heeley

Bass Boost Pre-amp/overdrive pedal build - basically a tubescreamer circuit with 2nd op-amp chip driving an active treble and bass controls.
Input cap modded to select normal or phat mode for fuller bass drive, via mini toggle switch. Switch is connected to bi-colour indicator LED to show mode selected.

1. PCB populated and all wiring attached.

2. Enclosure sanded back, cleaned up and drilled via template holes printed off from computer.

3. Artwork attached - inkjet-printed clear adhesive film, fixed with a few spray coats of clear acrylic lacquer

4. Circuit connected to jackplugs and battery to test all is working ok

5. Starting to fill the enclosure, pots first.

6. Everything in place and soldered up, quick test before fitting the perspex glow-plate

7. Finished pedal

rousejeremy

what kind of pots are those? Are they plastic?
Consistency is a worthy adversary

www.jeremyrouse.weebly.com

Al Heeley

no they are alpha pots sold with a plastic jacket on them, really useful for small spaces and preventing shortage/grounding

mattthegamer463

Quote from: rousejeremy on March 31, 2012, 07:16:10 PM
what kind of pots are those? Are they plastic?

Pots on ebay from Tayda come like that typically.

davent

As well Small Bear sell the plastic/nylon dust covers seperately (7¢) but pot condoms are way cooler.

http://www.guitarpcb.com/apps/webstore/products/show/1409402

dave

...and diy here  http://www.buildyourownclone.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=20231&hilit=pot+condoms
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg