News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diffeq

Quote from: rankot on January 07, 2019, 02:45:53 PM
My second pedal in 2019, CMOS distortion based on CD4007UBE. I accidentally bought an IC produced by now non existent factory from ex-Yugoslavia, EI Niš (famous for tube production as well).

Schematic is based on this: https://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=119510.msg1115507#msg1115507

Nice build! I like that the top of the board looks "old-school".  :D

Quote from: rankot on January 07, 2019, 02:45:53 PM
I accidentally bought an IC produced by now non existent factory from ex-Yugoslavia, EI Niš (famous for tube production as well).

Does it sound exactly the same? I wonder if a Soviet CD4007 equivalent, K176LP1, will sound any different.

rankot

I really have no idea about the sound comparison, but AFAIK EI Niš produced those ICs under license from some Western factories. Their tubes, for example, were produced under Philips supervision.
  • SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

vigilante397

Second build of 2019 I guess? Pretty sure I bought the PCB in 2017 though :P It's an EHX Attack Decay clone on Madbean's Rust Bucket PCB. Pretty happy with how well the graphics turned out on this one ;D

• SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

tubelectron

Quote from: EBK on January 06, 2019, 05:50:53 PM
Bruno, can you please update or delete your faulty profile pic link?

Yes - sorry, EBK  :-[ ! . Thanks to remind it to me : that's done - option "no avatar" checked. I don't know why this avatar dead link made so much issue  >:( on the forum, but it's now cancelled  :)

A+!
I apologize for my approximative english writing and understanding !
http://guilhemamplification.jimdofree.com/

rankot

Not a finished pedal, but something I wish I did long time ago - finally assembled A REAL BREADBOARD :)

I was really pissed off with all those little boards moving around, not to mention scratching while testing them with an amp; so I decided to make this - a little bypass switching board, together with normal in/out jacks and PS filtering. I have also attached my simple tone generator with small TDA7052A based amp, so I have everything at hand. I will add an advanced tone generator soon (sine, triangle and square wave).

And of course, my whole workbench is now tidier than ever!
  • SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

vigilante397

On very rare occasions I'm able to build things that turn out so well I can even impress my wife :P This was one of those: Dirt Button 6N17B-VR overdrive.

• SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

rankot

Interesting tube, I have also started to build a pedal with it, but in 1590BB encl. Still unfinished, can't wait to have enough time to complete it :(
  • SUPPORTER
60 pedals and counting!

bean

Old pedal with new guts!

patrick398

For this guy right?

Looks beautiful Brian. I've been eying up those boards for a while, may have to treat myself soon

italianguy63

Quote from: vigilante397 on January 16, 2019, 11:46:40 AM
On very rare occasions I'm able to build things that turn out so well I can even impress my wife :P This was one of those: Dirt Button 6N17B-VR overdrive.

Nathan--

Etched on the CNC?  or laser cut?

MC   

looks outstanding!
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

deadastronaut

my latest, astro cab sim. finished up last night....  8)

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

vigilante397

Quote from: bean on January 16, 2019, 06:50:00 PM

Oh man, I remember the first time I saw that, still blows me away :icon_eek: Love the circuit too, finished mine recently ;D

Quote from: italianguy63 on January 17, 2019, 04:25:45 AM
Etched on the CNC?  or laser cut?

Laser. I wish my CNC could get that precise and consistent ::) When are you going to get your laser up? ;)

Quote from: deadastronaut on January 17, 2019, 06:38:05 AM

Amazing as always Rob 8) Is there a thread on this somewhere I should know about...?
  • SUPPORTER

www.sushiboxfx.com

deadastronaut

cheers man, there will be soon..... 8)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

vigilante397

4th build of 2019, which I think already means I built more in 2019 than 2018 :P Alembic F-2B preamp with a 6N21B tube (ran out of 6N17B-VR ::)) Made on my OmniBox PCB but left out a bunch of stuff and ran a jumper so it's just the Alembic preamp.

• SUPPORTER

www.sushiboxfx.com

masonsjax

Quote from: vigilante397 on January 18, 2019, 11:14:05 AM
4th build of 2019, which I think already means I built more in 2019 than 2018 :P Alembic F-2B preamp with a 6N21B tube (ran out of 6N17B-VR ::)) Made on my OmniBox PCB but left out a bunch of stuff and ran a jumper so it's just the Alembic preamp.

Your pedals look great! The routed slots are a unique touch. Is that metallic paint or a textured finish? Hard to tell from pics what I'm seeing.

vigilante397

Quote from: masonsjax on January 18, 2019, 12:15:57 PM
Your pedals look great! The routed slots are a unique touch. Is that metallic paint or a textured finish? Hard to tell from pics what I'm seeing.

Thanks ;D It's Rustoleum metallic paint. Full coat of the lighter color on the bottom then stripes of black on top.
  • SUPPORTER

www.sushiboxfx.com

323effects

Nathan - your laser work is fantastic! I probably missed this earlier, but what type of laser are you using? Diode or CO2?

Been trying to get similar results with a desktop diode laser and just can't nail it. Can't seem to get all the residue out of the etch for good contrast without ruining the rest of the paint. 

thermionix

vigilante397

Quote from: 323effects on January 18, 2019, 04:11:21 PM
Nathan - your laser work is fantastic! I probably missed this earlier, but what type of laser are you using? Diode or CO2?

Thanks ;D The laser I use unfortunately isn't mine, it's at my work, but it's a 65W CO2 laser. This one to be exact: https://www.bosslaser.com/boss-ls-2436.html I used to have a 2.5W diode laser and was never thrilled with the results I got so I got rid of it :P

Quote from: thermionix on January 18, 2019, 08:00:33 PM

Close, but I work for the Navy, not the Air Force 8)
  • SUPPORTER

www.sushiboxfx.com

thermionix

There ain't no boats in the desert!