News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blooze

Quote from: Marcos - Munky on July 09, 2020, 04:50:43 PM
That's awesome! Any available tutorial on that finishing?

There are many on YouTube. There are a couple where a guy did a few raw enclosures using a sponge and inks. I did the typical style of putting alcohol on the enclosure, then adding my ink, and using a straw to quickly move things around. It's hard to tell, but the colors I used are metallic. The camera sucked at picking that up. BTW, I only used one color on each of the pedals.

To set the ink I used Krylon Kamar spray which many people use with these inks. A solvent based clear can mess the inks up if you don't set them first.  I then sprayed with Krylon Gloss UV Resistant Clear. Alcohol inks can fade badly from UV.  I think you could epoxy the whole thing at that point or add some lacquer to build up the clear. I've got some Krylon 3X Crystal Glaze spray I'm going to try adding on top next time.

Marcos - Munky

I think I saw something on using a sponge. I will take a look, there are some enclosures to arrive and some things to be built, so it'll be nice to try a new finishing.

bluebunny

Gus and Aron's Rocket:

• SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

bluebunny

Here's a couple more finished today.  First is Joe Davisson's Vulcan overdrive.  The graphic was mandatory, I think.  And even the stompswitch washer is a nod to Spock's peculiar blood chemistry.  :)

And here is a Tube Driver using a TH Customs board I got off Nathan sooo long ago he still lived in Idaho and only had two kids.   ;)

• SUPPORTER

vigilante397

Quote from: bluebunny on July 12, 2020, 04:58:26 PM
And here is a Tube Driver using a TH Customs board I got off Nathan sooo long ago he still lived in Idaho and only had two kids.   ;)

Took you a bit to get to it I see :P Looks great though!
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

bluebunny

You have no idea, Nathan.  My "backlog" is more of a "back forest"...   ;D
  • SUPPORTER

Phend

Here are some pictures of my three latest builds.  BMPi is still in progress, but close now.

• SUPPORTER+
When the DIY gets Weird, the Weird turn Pro.

Marcos - Munky

Those beautiful wood boxes are almost begging to be used to build a small tube amp. They are so cute! I'll try to find some here, to build more things I don't really need to :icon_lol:

temol

Time to find some gold "hammered" powder.

This one is a bit too deep for my pan and box brake. Rear wall - I had to bend final 10 degrees by hand.

T.

Willypp

This is my last build for a while.  I might find better pots and tidy it up sometime, but that won't be anytime soon

Dual channel Fetto on vero with LPB1 as a pre boost and all the dipswitches externally mounted.

patrick398

Considering the mammoth amount of off board wiring it's very neat! Nice  8)

temol

Yet another classic - Fuzz Face. Gray hammered finish, battery only power, no led.

T.

Marcos - Munky

That's almost awesome!

"Almost" because of that green resistor, it doesn't match the blue from the other resistores, 3pdt and battery holder :icon_razz: :icon_lol:

Question that's probably be made lots of times before: have you ever posted a video or photos on how you make those enclosures? Not that I want to give a try, I don't have tools and skills for that. I'm just curious to see how is done.

temol

I could  paint the cap with a blue spray to match the color :)
As for the making enclosures - I do not have any video or photo documentation. Next time I'll take some photos.

T.

Phend

A "blue" wrench is a valuable tool. Very versatile. Easily bends most metals.
  • SUPPORTER+
When the DIY gets Weird, the Weird turn Pro.

ElectricDruid

Quote from: patrick398 on July 16, 2020, 05:11:49 AM
Considering the mammoth amount of off board wiring it's very neat! Nice  8)

Totally agree. Ummm, Spaghetti! My favourite!

marcelomd

I updated my mini amp.

Small amp. Big knob.

24V in, 24V out, 9V out. Any suggestions for a different power connector? I know myself. I WILL plug pedals into the 24V.

Better cable management! I may do something about that LED wire.

24V->9V buck regulator. Up to 3A for pedals.

Cheap 60W class D amp. Remarkably noise free.

EDIT: Swap first and second picture. Typo.

Marcos - Munky

Quote from: marcelomd on July 17, 2020, 04:45:11 PM
24V in, 24V out, 9V out. Any suggestions for a different power connector? I know myself. I WILL plug pedals into the 9V.
There are white and red jacks. It may be an option to tell one output form the other.

marcelomd

Quote from: Marcos - Munky on July 17, 2020, 05:05:04 PM
24V in, 24V out, 9V out. Any suggestions for a different power connector? I know myself. I WILL plug pedals into the 9V.
There are white and red jacks. It may be an option to tell one output form the other.

You underestimate my ability to do dumb shit. =)

More seriously, I thought about it but couldn't find any colored jacks. And I would still risk connecting into the wrong jack. That's why I put an electrical tape there as soon as I took the pictures.

ElectricDruid

Quote from: marcelomd on July 17, 2020, 06:16:07 PM
Quote from: Marcos - Munky on July 17, 2020, 05:05:04 PM

You underestimate my ability to do dumb shit. =)

I think you're totally right to be concerned, and not because of any special ability you have to do dumb shit. Having those the same is an accident waiting to happen. I'd do a search for DC power connectors on your favourite electronic store site and then pick something (anything!) that's different to everything else you've got.
After all, 24V isn't a demanding spec for the connector, so any old thing will work - it just needs to be different enough that you can't stick a 1/4 jack or a 2.1mm DC plug into it.