News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluebunny

Quote from: garcho on April 18, 2015, 03:43:22 PM
the difference between clear plastic and aluminum?

Could be "transparent aluminum", of course...   ;)

• SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

duck_arse

Quote from: bloxstompboxes on April 18, 2015, 08:30:02 PM
This could go in the silly pedals thread but I think he looks too serious for that.  ;) My Mini-Me Chorus with board from GuitarPCB.com. Yeah, it's a Small Clone. I had to read the build document and think longer than I would like to admit to get it. lol.

[I'm still playing the botophucket.com roulette, so if this image is the one I think ....] why do I find this pedal visually disturbing? good looking, but still disturbing (unless it's the gut shot), and I had to reduce it a little.

[edit :] spellink
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

bloxstompboxes

Could it be the placement of the switch relative to his crotch/ It's a little off though.

Floor-mat at the front entrance to my former place of employment. Oh... the irony.

rocket8810

I usually don't post pictures of my builds, but figured i would post my last two. These are the first etched enclosures I've ever done and I'm pretty happy with the results.

This is a modified blacksheep, which is just a slightly modified roland beebaa

and the gut

This is the last one I build. I finally had time this weekend to finish this since I etched the enclosure last week. It's a modified Ezekiel 25:17.

and the gut shot.

~arph

Nice builds! 

it's vengeance btw.

storyboardist

Finished up a couple things last week. First was this Rams Head BMP clone with a tone voicing switch. Allows you to have the stock scoop, flat, or boosted mids.

And I finished up this 2-in-1 box. Supro T16 emulator on the left, Heart Throb tremolo on the right.

deadastronaut

nice rams head design...elegant. 8)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

rocket8810

Man. Love those slanted cases and gorgeous simple design.

duck_arse

storyboardist - that is a nice looking wedgie. can you please tell me, which way is clockwise with those pots?

storyboardist

Quote from: duck_arse on April 23, 2015, 10:36:28 AM
storyboardist - that is a nice looking wedgie. can you please tell me, which way is clockwise with those pots?

Thanks man. The knobs in the 2nd pic are set at "noon" so clockwise would be to the right as you'd look down at it if it were on your pedal board. Hope that makes sense.

trixdropd

1st pictures post!

Here's a MIDI controlled switcher for Blackstar amps with the DB-9 FS input

sajy_ho

Guys look here; something for laugh :icon_lol:

It's basically an Ibanez WH10, inside a broken sewing machine pedal. It was one of my first diy pedals, opened it last night and did Mark Hammer's "Range pot mod" and now it becomes my favorite ;D

The funniest part is the wah pot:
Life is too short for being regretful about it.

duck_arse

Quote from: sajy_ho on April 24, 2015, 09:01:02 AM
The funniest part is the wah pot:

I was looking in your bucket, thinking 'nice use of the pots ...', and then though 'how he wah-potting?'. I did larff when I saw the cam-actuator-thingy. your first, you say?

storyboardist - it goes make sense when explained and examined, yes. I am always interested in the thinkings applied to on-the-sides pots.

sajy_ho

Quote from: duck_arse on April 24, 2015, 10:34:06 AM

I was looking in your bucket, thinking 'nice use of the pots ...', and then though 'how he wah-potting?'. I did larff when I saw the cam-actuator-thingy. your first, you say?

storyboardist - it goes make sense when explained and examined, yes. I am always interested in the thinkings applied to on-the-sides pots.

Yeah man :icon_lol: It's kind of 'Wheel and axle' thing, with the pot acts as the axle. If I remember correct I used a 500k pot so a little turn will act like a 50k pot, all connected with a steel wire and a huge glue mess!
Life is too short for being regretful about it.

alanp

Quote from: trixdropd on April 23, 2015, 02:37:40 PM
1st pictures post!

I like the header connection for the two green boards, might have to pinch that idea at some point :)

trixdropd

Quote from: alanp on April 24, 2015, 06:58:30 PM
Quote from: trixdropd on April 23, 2015, 02:37:40 PM
1st pictures post!

I like the header connection for the two green boards, might have to pinch that idea at some point :)
It works well. Thanks!

mth5044

Parallel Boost and Reverb. Boost is Tubescreamer with LED's and move volume on tap. Reverb is similar to 1776's new reverb using the Belton Brick 3. Tone, dwell and volume inside with Mix control outside. Used in parallel so that boosting only increases the dry signal and doesn't make the reverb louder. (I did eventually remember to put the IC's in.)

GEOFEX's 7 Band EQ made to run on +/-9V with each band being selectable via toggle. Remind me never to never again do a modular design to save money.

Madbeans' Aquaboy Deluxe with MN3005's. Had to do some cutting and shaving to get those jacks in.

All the writing is done with paint pens. I have terrible hand writing.

Luke51411

That modular design is slick! But yeah... lots of offboard wiring would be a PITA. It was done well though! cool builds all around!

garcho

love the eq Matt, my kind of pedal. bravo!
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

deadastronaut

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//